Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    That does not mean it did not come out of the bio-weapons lab. Is every virus inside a bio-weapons lab the one that could wipe out mankind or are some the tests that failed.

You are completely correct, but it still supports my point, that a simple, normal explanation is far more likely.
    Could China be experimenting with new bioweapons? Sure, but it's unlikely. Could one have escaped? Sure, but it's unlikely. Could the one that escaped also be some unusual sort of bioweapon that isn't very dangerous by bioweapons standards? Sure, but it's unlikely. Etc.

Compound probability tells us that multiple unlikely things all needing to happen to produce a given result means that given result is really, really, really unlikely. As you said, doesn't mean it's impossible, definitely not arguing that point, just siding with what is overwhelmingly more likely.

what exactly is it that you see as fantastic theory in what I said in my previous post

Nothing taken by itself, again, the fantastic theory is that it requires a number of very unlikely things all to be true.

When you consider the extreme actions taken by the Chinese government to lasso this thing...

I'm not sure they're so extreme, at least, extreme by Chinese standards. Of course here in the USA we'd all flip out if Uncle Sam tried to quarantine Dallas or Houston, but is it extreme for mainland China?

Here's a novel contagion. It's new, it's kinda dangerous, it's embarrassing China internationally, and perhaps most importantly by ChiCom standards, the international community freaked out and so it's flat-out bad for business. To you and me, it might seem extremely expensive to quarantine so many and build a hospital by working 24/7, but can you or I evaluate the cost of not getting this thing under control ASAP, given the unprecedented (perhaps we should say, "extreme") international reaction?

The ChiCom government knows that cost, better than anyone. They've gotten a good taste of the cost back when SARS hit them and "resulted in public bans and reduced business for meat markets throughout southern China and Hong Kong" (says wikipedia) not to mention the H5N1 avian flu, which caused them (and many other governments) to kill billions of dollars in poultry and spend billions more on research (again, wikipedia) and knowing that cost, they realized that shutting down some cities and building a couple hospitals on the double would have a strong ROI.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Wuhan province has been essentially under lockdown for more than 3 weeks.

The virus has becomes symptomatic within 14 days. The lifespan of someone who is symptomatic is less than 14 days.

It either ends within two weeks, or China can’t police itself.

SlimJim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    US
    Lefty hogwash, aside from the fact that nothing in your link mentions anything about The US military attempting to infect native Americans. Only claims about the British that happen a decade before the Declaration of Independence was signed.
    https://quod.lib.umich.edu/p/plag/5...ox-blankets-to-indians?rgn=main;view=fulltext

Global warming was the motivation in the post you replied to.

Yeah, China probably just wanted to look like ill prepared fools on the world stage. Especially after having their economy checked by new trade deals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well it is just not communist governments that would attack their own citizens. So it happened a decade before the signing. That just means it was Americans that just weren't Americans yet. Kent State and as I already stated, FBI's Operation Carnivore, are examples and that isn't lefty hogwash.

Again, I didn't mention anything about Global Warming. You could have replied to the person that posted that but you didn't.

I don't understand your last sentence. Again, we don't know all the hows or whys about the spreading of this virus. It could be a lot of things and as I already stated, I wouldn't put too much trust in what media outlets are reporting.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Well it is just not communist governments that would attack their own citizens. So it happened a decade before the signing. That just means it was Americans that just weren't Americans yet.

The words your looking for are “British soldiers”.

Kent State and as I already stated,

State, not federal

If you wanted examples of injustices why not point out the camps full of Asian Americans during WW2, or Obama drone striking American citizens more recently? How about Waco or Ruby Ridge?

Of course, those still pale in comparison to any communist governments death toll on its best day.

FBI's Operation Carnivore, are examples and that isn't lefty hogwash.

That was a spying program. Not a murder program.

Again, I didn't mention anything about Global Warming. You could have replied to the person that posted that but you didn't.

Because that person seemed to be making the post sarcastically.

I don't understand your last sentence. Again, we don't know all the hows or whys about the spreading of this virus. It could be a lot of things and as I already stated, I wouldn't put too much trust in what media outlets are reporting.

Media trust isn’t required. The Chinese government doesn’t stand to gain anything by unleashing the virus in its own cities. If they wanted to reduce populations for some reason they would do so in a targeted manner. They already have enough info on their citizens to pick and choose who to kill, they already have concentration camps set up. And they have no problem arresting anyone for whatever crime they might decide to hit them with for whatever reason they choose. They can start picking up anyone who’s social credit score is below average tomorrow.

China purposefully releasing a virus with a fairly low death rate (for a weapon) in an attempt to reduce their own population while spending for knows how much to contain/control it makes absolutely no sense.

Last edited:

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    The words your looking for are “British soldiers”.

State, not federal

If you wanted examples of injustices why not point out the camps full of Asian Americans during WW2, or Obama drone striking American citizens more recently? How about Waco or Ruby Ridge?

Of course, those still pale in comparison to any communist governments death toll on its best day.

That was a spying program. Not a murder program.

Because that person seemed to be making the post sarcastically.

Media trust isn’t required. The Chinese government doesn’t stand to gain anything by unleashing the virus in its own cities. If they wanted to reduce populations for some reason they would do so in a targeted manner. They already have enough info on their citizens to pick and choose who to kill, they already have concentration camps set up. And they have no problem arresting anyone for whatever crime they might decide to hit them with for whatever reason they choose. They can start picking up anyone who’s social credit score is below average tomorrow.

China purposefully releasing a virus with a fairly low death rate (for a weapon) in an attempt to reduce their own population while spending for knows how much to contain/control it makes absolutely no sense.

You do realize you're trying to use logic to combat an internet conspiracy theory don't you?

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    giphy.gif

Attachments

• giphy.gif
      giphy.gif
      1.6 MB · Views: 488

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Wuhan province has been essentially under lockdown for more than 3 weeks.

The virus has becomes symptomatic within 14 days. The lifespan of someone who is symptomatic is less than 14 days.

It either ends within two weeks, or China can’t police itself.

I've read over 1 million folks left before the lockdown went into effect. That plus the virus spread doesn't work that way. If there's a million people locked up in the city and only 30k or 40k people have it, then there's still a lot of folks who haven't caught it yet. Since it can be spread before symptoms appear, it can keep going. Every day someone new catches the virus, the 14 days start over again assuming they stop going out as soon as they figure it out. And they're having to ship food and supplies in, so there's another path to the outside.

I read today it may be spreading through fecal matter. The article said something about diarrhea causing airborne contagions to spread through apartment blocks, but I don't know enough about how chinese apartment buildings are constructed to understand how that works. It did mention if that's true, then hospitals will act as a super carrier and really help spread it around inside their walls (and beyond when the workers go home for the day)

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Lots of info coming out from a variety of sources. Many of which aren’t all that reliable. Couple that with media outlets competing to get the views...and the best way to get views is through fear.

Let’s just say I’m very skeptical. We were all gonna catch Ebola not too long ago. I’m sure this isn’t something anyone wants to catch, but it’s spreading through China. A country known for cramming a lot of people in to tiny areas and not always having the citizens best interest in mind.

I did hear about people leaving before the lockdown went in to effect, but the numbers were around 100,000. I’ve heard nothing coming close to 1million.

Since the lockdown has been in place many of those who had the virus would have shown symptoms by now making it clear where they had gone. The spread of the virus doesn’t seem to show that effect. But I’m sure not an expert in the field. Just applying my own version of common sense and what would seem like a logical outcome.

I’m not all that concerned at the moment.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I'm not too concerned here either, but I would expect things to get,or already be, much worse in China. Too many folks in too close of quarters with a (reasonable) distrust of the government.

They discovered a bit late that SARS spread through fecal matter too. That's why I brought this up. And since we know how China builds everything else, I was just wondering what shortcuts they took in their apartment buildings that may be making things worse.

This is a new strand of coronavirus (not the coronavirus). So it's not like it's an unheard of thing. For me the interesting thing is watching how it spreads in developed vs undeveloped countries. If it spread as fast in every other country as it did in China, then I'd be worried.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    This graph of the JHU data tells a very good story and is hinting at another one.

8b9798698e29b4296f1ef1c425737acc.jpg

Orange dots are confirmed cases in China. It shows a somewhat linear blast off once a critical number was reached. Now, it appears the expansion in China is just a hair short of what its been. That’s a trend to follow.

The other trend is the yellow line; ROW cases confirmed. That’s not taking the same path as the orange, probably due the lower population densities pretty much everywhere else, combined with preventive measures such as quarantine of asymptomatic people who travelled in the affected area.

Or, the difference could be explained by shitty communist healthcare and generally worse health as a side effect of 70+ years of communist policies that result in people just being less healthy overall.

Or, genetic differences between the Chinese and everyone else.

Attachments

• 8b9798698e29b4296f1ef1c425737acc.jpg
      8b9798698e29b4296f1ef1c425737acc.jpg
      49 KB · Views: 513

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    From what the news says we’ll all be infected tomorrow and dead the day after.

I heard CDC say today it is not a serious threat to the US.

So from full on panic on one side to not a bit of worry on the other.

Does anyone remember the CDCs posture concerning SARS, H1N1, etc? Again I recall news outlets being in a panic but don’t recall the .govs position.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Definitely a theory floating around. Would a govt. Kill it's own people? Would we give poisoned blankets to injuns? I think it is much worse than the reports coming on.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    Make it a lot easier for public relations if the protests in Hong Kong stopped due to illness vs due to jack booted tank drivers.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Technically it was the British that claimed to have done that during the French Indian War.

He doesn’t like facts. They get in the way of his narrative.

SlimJim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    US
    He doesn’t like facts. They get in the way of his narrative.

Please, they were British that would later be Americans in N. America. Tomato, .

Besides you brought up other recent instances when the US harmed it's own citizens. I just used the tainted blankets because it was the first thing that came to my mind when typing a response.

See when folks consider different ways the virus could have initially spread and it differs with media reports, that is an internet conspiracy apparently. When paid govt. Employees do it, it is a foreign policy think tank.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom