• Status
    Not open for further replies.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I've seen conspiracy theories that the death toll is much worse than is being reported. They showed figures when this thing first started and according to official chi-com numbers, the death rate was around 3.1%. Then as things spread and it got worse, the death toll was lowered to about 2.1% and has stayed there since.

They then linked to other outbreaks of other diseases and showed how the death toll percentage climbed as they figured out what was going on, then finally started to fall as they got control or seasons changed. This one doesn't fit the mold.

I don't know enough to have an actual opinion on this, but it wouldn't surprise me if China was hiding something big. Didn't the spanish flu start in china, but they kept it under wraps at first until it became the spanish flu that killed so many people.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I don't know enough to have an actual opinion on this, but it wouldn't surprise me if China was hiding something big. Didn't the spanish flu start in china, but they kept it under wraps at first until it became the spanish flu that killed so many people.

SARS also originated in China...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Food for thought.

There’s a perception that China is a modern country. Modern countries routinely contain and stop infectious disease outbreaks very quickly.

Whether it’s SARS, H1N1, or Coronavirus, the Chinese can neither prevent nor contain an infectious disease.

And we’re concerned about the Chinese being a threat to the US?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Definitely a theory floating around. Would a govt. Kill it's own people? Would we give poisoned blankets to injuns? I think it is much worse than the reports coming on.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Well, we didn’t give poisoned blankets to “injuns”...so that doesn’t really apply.

Would a communist government kill its own people? Of course. China has been killing people in concentration camps for a while now. Just google “wegers”. Nobody cares.

But China doesn’t give a shit about global warming beyond laughing while other nations stunt their economies trying to fight it so that theory is ridiculous. If they were going to release a virus for any sort of gain it would be in Hong Kong and they would immediately suspend travel to/from the area and demand complete submission to the Chinese government in exchange for help in dealing with it.

If anything, it’s simply the result of crappy communist standards in a bioresearch lab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Food for thought.

There’s a perception that China is a modern country. Modern countries routinely contain and stop infectious disease outbreaks very quickly.

Whether it’s SARS, H1N1, or Coronavirus, the Chinese can neither prevent nor contain an infectious disease.

And we’re concerned about the Chinese being a threat to the US?

Mostly in terms of their economy and trade influence.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Mostly in terms of their economy and trade influence.

They may be in the process of proving just how bad a threat to the US and the rest of the world they are at this very moment.

That’s my point. China isn’t a threat, China’s a limitation. For the country to become a threat, they’ve got to get past the mindset that their population is nothing more than a labor pool.

Building a 1,500-room hospital in days is not a feat when that’s the only thing labor is doing for you.

The interruption in trade is a hiccup for the US economy; as the world isolates China, they become their own biggest threat to their existence over something that started because they allow markets not clean and disinfect the stalls.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    That’s my point. China isn’t a threat, China’s a limitation. For the country to become a threat, they’ve got to get past the mindset that their population is nothing more than a labor pool.

Building a 1,500-room hospital in days is not a feat when that’s the only thing labor is doing for you.

The interruption in trade is a hiccup for the US economy; as the world isolates China, they become their own biggest threat to their existence over something that started because they allow markets not clean and disinfect the stalls.
    You are missing my point which maybe I should have made clearer, many believe this disease started in the bio-lab near Wuhan. That is as in bio-weapons lab.If it is indeed a bio-weapon that got out, it is already worldwide and we are possibly screwed.

SlimJim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    US
    Well, we didn’t give poisoned blankets to “injuns”...so that doesn’t really apply.

Would a communist government kill its own people? Of course. China has been killing people in concentration camps for a while now. Just google “wegers”. Nobody cares.

But China doesn’t give a shit about global warming beyond laughing while other nations stunt their economies trying to fight it so that theory is ridiculous. If they were going to release a virus for any sort of gain it would be in Hong Kong and they would immediately suspend travel to/from the area and demand complete submission to the Chinese government in exchange for help in dealing with it.

If anything, it’s simply the result of crappy communist standards in a bioresearch lab.

We didn't? https://www.history.org/foundation/journal/spring04/warfare.cfm Seems applicable. Next thing you are gonna tell me is the FBI never set up a program for backdoor registration. I never mentioned anything about Global warming so I don't know why you included that and really don't care.

Yep, could be crappy standards in a lab but could be something else too. Truth is we don't know and we would be foolish to trust what the media is telling us.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    We didn't? https://www.history.org/foundation/journal/spring04/warfare.cfm Seems applicable. Next thing you are gonna tell me is the FBI never set up a program for backdoor registration. I never mentioned anything about Global warming so I don't know why you included that and really don't care.

Lefty hogwash, aside from the fact that nothing in your link mentions anything about The US military attempting to infect native Americans. Only claims about the British that happen a decade before the Declaration of Independence was signed.
    https://quod.lib.umich.edu/p/plag/5...ox-blankets-to-indians?rgn=main;view=fulltext

Global warming was the motivation in the post you replied to.

Yep, could be crappy standards in a lab but could be something else too. Truth is we don't know and we would be foolish to trust what the media is telling us.

Yeah, China probably just wanted to look like ill prepared fools on the world stage. Especially after having their economy checked by new trade deals.

Last edited:

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Global warming was in that statement as a bit of humor that China would give 1 crap about GW.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    ... That is as in bio-weapons lab.If it is indeed a bio-weapon that got out, it is already worldwide and we are possibly screwed.

I’m aware of that assertion; while plausible, I don’t believe that occurred as the facility in question isn’t run by the PLA; it’s run by CNAS. Also, if you’re making a bio weapon, why would you share the genome sequence with the rest of the world?

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/01/mining-coronavirus-genomes-clues-outbreak-s-origins

There are some who believe Lyme disease came about the same way from a US lab.

https://sites.newpaltz.edu/ticktalk/social-attitudes/story-by-smaranda-dumitru/

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    many believe this disease started in the bio-lab near Wuhan. That is as in bio-weapons lab.If it is indeed a bio-weapon that got out, it is already worldwide and we are possibly screwed.

If it's a bio-weapon it's the least-effective weapon bioweapon ever made, so I think we can put that theory to bed.

Never attribute to malice and all that. While parts of China are completely 21st century (and it would be very unwise to underestimate the capabilities of those parts of China in a war), other parts are like stepping back into the 1800s. I haven't been to mainland China since 1995, but it was certainly like that back then. People sleeping with their livestock to keep them warm might raise the rate of livestock survival when the weather is cold, but it will also increase the rate of transmission of illnesses from livestock to humans.

Same thing happens in Africa -- bush hunters have been eating anything to avoid starving since forever, including under-cooked monkeys (and some of those monkeys just ate other, raw monkeys that were infected with SIV) and wham -- AIDS jumps to humans. Or maybe those wounded monkeys scratched the hunters in an effort to avoid being eaten and blood was exchanged -- whatever.

Point is, humans used to live much closer to the animal world, and diseases jump over from the animal world to the human world from time to time. Parts of our world are still living like that, in places like China and Africa. Now we have a modern world in which infected people can go from their 1800s world into our 21st century world, and so these diseases travel the globe overnight.

No need for fantastic theories, the everyday world has all the ingredients, and is a much better fit for the data.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Just heard the China.gov is rounding up suspected infected by special units.
    This is getting spooky.
    Remember, China was already dealing with that swine flu thing. They've had to off something like 30% of the entire swine herd.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    So putting an army into hospitals in a matter of weeks is not an effective Bio Weapon. Just because its not causing mass death does not mean it cant be a weapon.

If it's a bio-weapon it's the least-effective weapon bioweapon ever made, so I think we can put that theory to bed.

Never attribute to malice and all that. While parts of China are completely 21st century (and it would be very unwise to underestimate the capabilities of those parts of China in a war), other parts are like stepping back into the 1800s. I haven't been to mainland China since 1995, but it was certainly like that back then. People sleeping with their livestock to keep them warm might raise the rate of livestock survival when the weather is cold, but it will also increase the rate of transmission of illnesses from livestock to humans.

Same thing happens in Africa -- bush hunters have been eating anything to avoid starving since forever, including under-cooked monkeys (and some of those monkeys just ate other, raw monkeys that were infected with SIV) and wham -- AIDS jumps to humans. Or maybe those wounded monkeys scratched the hunters in an effort to avoid being eaten and blood was exchanged -- whatever.

Point is, humans used to live much closer to the animal world, and diseases jump over from the animal world to the human world from time to time. Parts of our world are still living like that, in places like China and Africa. Now we have a modern world in which infected people can go from their 1800s world into our 21st century world, and so these diseases travel the globe overnight.

No need for fantastic theories, the everyday world has all the ingredients, and is a much better fit for the data.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    That does not mean it did not come out of the bio-weapons lab. Is every virus inside a bio-weapons lab the one that could wipe out mankind or are some the tests that failed. Then again, you seem to think it ineffective but if it is an engineered contagion - how can you say it is ineffective without knowing what course it was engineered to take? I think it possible it is from the lab although I certainly hope not. Of course, it may have come from animals instead of the lab but if it did come out of the lab - how convenient it would be for them to say it came from animals. The thing is, one has to wonder why are they doing what they have been reported to be doing if it is so little a threat and not a terrible threat? They are going to extremes and have quarantined tens of millions of people - let that sink in - tens of millions in quarantine and accomplished within less than two months. Someone over there must think it a serious threat or do you think it is that all the officials just having a laugh at the expense of the people by playing a joke on them!

They do not do that for the flu as far as I remember and the flu seems more deadly so far and note I said seems. This disease has not yet run its course and on Friday of last week the death toll for the day was about 12% of the death toll for the entire time the illness has been out there. That may be the peak or that may be a fluke or it may be a spike that will keep rising. Heck, they reportedly have built at least one hospital of a thousand beds in response to this virus. They do not seem to be taking this lightly - in fact evidently are taking unheard of measures - I mean when is the last time a nation built a thousand bed hospital in response to a flu outbreak and we know how deadly that can be. They seem to be expecting the absolute worst as evidenced by way of their reported actions.

So tell me, with the Chinese doing all they have done in a frantic effort to contain this virus - what exactly is it that you see as fantastic theory in what I said in my previous post. Was it that some believe it originated in the bio-weapons facility near Wuhan. It's not all that fantastic a theory - the plant is there, the Chinese have bio-weapons, we have bio-weapons (and in our research labs we supposedly have or had the Spanish Flu), many nations in the world have them - it is an every day world kind of a thing and people make mistakes and sooner or later a disease will get out of one of them. Many if not most nuclear scientists always tell us about how safe is nuclear power, well look at Chernobyl - mistakes were made and it was a disaster. When you consider the extreme actions taken by the Chinese government to lasso this thing and wonder that maybe that's because they know something we do not about it - the idea that it came out of a bio-weapons lab does not seem all that far fetched, at least to me. Of course, that thought is all dependent on whether or not the reporting has been correct so far.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom