Join TexasGunTalk

Coronavirus Epidemic

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by gdr_11, Jan 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vmax

vmax TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Apr 15, 2013
    Another dick move by Adolph Abbott

jordanmills, seeker_two and Big Green like this.
  2. DubiousDan

DubiousDan TGT Addict

May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Think of the fun he could have with you if he had the inclination to do so.:evil:

Axxe55 and Davetex like this.
  3. vmax

vmax TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Apr 15, 2013
    #occupyTXparks

4. innominate

innominate Active Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Closing 3 hospitals is a little misleading. 2 are stand alone ER facilities that started popping up a few years ago. While a few patients might spend the night that's not really what they do. The surgical hospital is a good size facility but I don't know how many beds they use or how many procedures they do up there. Since their model revolves around procedures being done it's understandable that they're slow. The census overall across the system is down like the article states though

I work in a speciality area. We've been slow since the hospital clamped down on non emergent cases. We have a number of contract staff at the moment. They've been pretty much told they don't have to report to work for the last week and a half. I only worked 2 partial days last week. We didn't have any procedures scheduled today so I was told yesterday I could just stay home. I am on call in case an emergency shows up though.

5. Mowingmaniac 24/7

Mowingmaniac 24/7 TGT Addict

Nov 7, 2015
    In,

No sarcasm.

Why, if cv is so prevalent are so many medical facilities closing shop?

Why aren't cv victims heading out for treatment in droves rather like the 'awake dead'...if you will?

jordanmills, seeker_two and Davetex like this.
  6. gdr_11

gdr_11 Active Member

Aug 1, 2014
    I am only 71, please reserve the term “sir” for the older folks on here. :)

7. Big Green

Big Green Pew Pew TGT Supporter

Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I just looked. They don’t personally recommend the distance and masks but refer to the CDC and WHO, that obviously trot those lines.

Kind of like when talking to my employees, I don’t personally believe it all but I’ll say it’s the company policy. Put it on them, not me.

Break.

We are being “encouraged” to wear masks. Pretty sure I got an evil look from my boss today, I’m the only supervisor not wearing one. I expect a mandatory policy soon.

jordanmills, Axxe55 and Dad_Roman like this.
  8. Mowingmaniac 24/7

Mowingmaniac 24/7 TGT Addict

Nov 7, 2015
    Quote the f-ing who?

Really quote a commie subsidiary? A china apologist?

Are you f-ing kidding me?

The cdc aren't a bunch a commies like the 'who', but their shine has lost it's glimmer...they sound good...but kinda/actually a lot, suck at their jobs...

seeker_two and Davetex like this.
  9. Dad_Roman

Dad_Roman TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    Because they prepared in a "Hard" way. All electives are cancelled etc. This leaves hospitals absolutely BLEEDING cash. A cow can only bleed for so long.

...or if your looking for a good conspiracy theory of whats really going on, lemme know, glad to appease.... :green:

pronstar likes this.
  10. Vaquero

Vaquero San Saba Songbird

Apr 4, 2011
    Out West
    Y'all need some fresh air and sunshine.
    Maybe even a range day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.