• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Excellent article on why masks are not a solution. May be paywall.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/masks-...mic-reality-11603927026?mod=opinion_lead_pos6

Most credible studies have shown that wearing a mask has little or no effect on respiratory virus transmission, according to a review published earlier this year in Emerging Infectious Diseases, the CDC’s journal.

Based on evidence around the world, it should be clear that mask mandates won’t extinguish the virus.

Shifting focus away from mask mandates and toward the reality of respiratory viral spread will free up time and resources to protect the most vulnerable Americans.

Accept the reality of the virus and get on with life.
    Texas SOT

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas

https://www.wsj.com/articles/masks-...mic-reality-11603927026?mod=opinion_lead_pos6

Most credible studies have shown that wearing a mask has little or no effect on respiratory virus transmission, according to a review published earlier this year in Emerging Infectious Diseases, the CDC’s journal.

Based on evidence around the world, it should be clear that mask mandates won’t extinguish the virus.

Shifting focus away from mask mandates and toward the reality of respiratory viral spread will free up time and resources to protect the most vulnerable Americans.

I didn’t need anything but common sense to realize that. It’s a sad day when people are so willing to be brainwashed that you can show them on the box the masks come in...all you hear is BUT...BUT...BUT what about droplets? Why do surgeons wear them? It’s unreal how ignorant people really are. Keep on masking up guys...

6CBA6CD4-74C2-48B3-96F1-D2A4B7C717ED.jpeg

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I doubt the citizens wil go into lockdown as peacefully as the first time. And I don't think most police rank-&-file will be eager to enforce it, fighting a war on two fronts.

If Abbott tries Lockdown 2.0, he'll have to flee the state to dodge the blowback....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Everyone talks tough but when it comes down to it the masses take it every time.
    Most also did not know then what they know now. And many are beginning to see the BS in all the covid lockdowns. More cases and a lower percentage of mortalities. And the more cases that are proven, the larger that gap gets.
    Another lockdown would not fare well.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

CyberWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    US
    Just in case anyone needs another suspicious oddity added to the pile, check out this pic...

Box/product on left was on shelves up until late last year, then gone everywhere - replaced with box/product on the right...

05e4b00a011754b10312d671da367d8e.jpg

Notice anything different?

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Notice anything different?
    Packaging. "Anti-viral" vs. "Medical grade" and "Germ Shield".

And, most likely, the price. I tried to buy a box while I was out this morning. I'm literally still using from the box that I owned before Covid but they're running low. (Yes, I re-use them for longer than the folks on the TV tell me I should.) CVS has no boxes, only overpriced singles. Office Depot has 50-count boxes for $30. Office Depot also has 10-count disposable cloth masks for about $6 that are absolute garbage, poorly die-cut and unable to fit on any normal human head.

My recollection from a couple of years ago is that standard, 50-count boxes of surgical masks used to cost around $10 or a little less.

Or maybe I'm remembering wrong. I'm sure somebody will correct me.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Packaging. "Anti-viral" vs. "Medical grade" and "Germ Shield".

And, most likely, the price. I tried to buy a box while I was out this morning. I'm literally still using from the box that I owned before Covid but they're running low. (Yes, I re-use them for longer than the folks on the TV tell me I should.) CVS has no boxes, only overpriced singles. Office Depot has 50-count boxes for $30. Office Depot also has 10-count disposable cloth masks for about $6 that are absolute garbage, poorly die-cut and unable to fit on any normal human head.

My recollection from a couple of years ago is that standard, 50-count boxes of surgical masks used to cost around $10 or a little less.

Or maybe I'm remembering wrong. I'm sure somebody will correct me.
    I got these from Amazon. Are you looking for something special.

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX

My son got the flu this week despite the mask requirements at school

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Texas AG sues to block COVID-19 shutdown in El Paso County

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton on Friday joined several El Paso County restaurant owners in suing to block a county order shutting down all non-essential activities for two weeks.

Read somewhere that the El Paso police had stated the order was illegal and they would not be enforcing.

Top Bottom