• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Well surrounding towns made them mandatory and I have to shop in some places there. So if I have to use a face covering I may as well make a statement.

trump.jpg
    Capitol Armory ad

Attachments

• trump.jpg
      trump.jpg
      1.3 MB · Views: 367

CyberWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    US
    Was thinking about this a bit, and it occurred to me that I (we?) may possibly be looking at the whole mask-requirement bullshit the wrong way...and missing out on a strategic opportunity. Bear with me just a bit here...

First off, if someone wants to wear a mask, I've got no issue with that.

The problem is forced compliance (which, as previously stated, is just a means to an end)...

I've generally eschewed wearing masks (for various reasons), but between the 'surveillance state' and the ubiquitous hordes of NPC's just itching to whip out their cell phone camera and get their virtue-signal on, it may not be worth it right now just to make a point...

Also, businesses are most definately being threatened with compliance, and my guess would be in a not-so-subtle fashion...They can never know who's who or who may be watching, but only takes once to get them jammed up, possibly shut-down. Something to think about...

So back to the main point - there are times where it makes sense to project an "Alpha" presence/demeanor (in one form or another), but there are many scenarios where invisibility is both a gift and incredible strategic capability.

And the crux of this thought excercise: with all the bullshit going down (not to mention the very obvious societal trajectory), and given the ubiquity of cameras/recording and advanced analytics (e.g. facial recognition, etc.), it would appear to be a ready-made and golden opportunity to [strike]adopt an effective/unobtrusive camouflage and defense against pervasive and malicious surveillance threats[/strike] go with the flow and be a good [strike]comrade[/strike] world citizen...

Just becomes an issue of proper mask design/selection! ;)

Last edited:

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

Attachments

• 281a6aa10d69d2b73a4ae90dc50677e4.jpg
      281a6aa10d69d2b73a4ae90dc50677e4.jpg
      52.6 KB · Views: 374
    • 4502ea85841dad1eb0936092657be4cf.jpg
      4502ea85841dad1eb0936092657be4cf.jpg
      100.9 KB · Views: 354
    • ca2c863b918d6d229ba0c485a4fd9ff0.jpg
      ca2c863b918d6d229ba0c485a4fd9ff0.jpg
      61.1 KB · Views: 358
    • 044deb49f3d4439b794277b398d41548.jpg
      044deb49f3d4439b794277b398d41548.jpg
      40.2 KB · Views: 347

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    My position has always been that government should not be coercing anyone or any business through an executive order.

If a business chooses to make a requirement on their own, that’s their right and I’ll respect it. But, I’m not required to spend my money at that business. Costco is a perfect example. We haven’t been there since they voluntarily implemented the mask.

Since Bexar Co implemented enforcement requirements on businesses recently, we have actively chosen to take all of our business to Kendall county because until recently the government there hasn’t been coercive of the people or business.

In return, those businesses funnel my share of tax dollars to the government. It’s a much larger share than before.

With Kendall county’s decision to implement an order instead of having an open meeting, I’m now either going to Kerr county, doing without, or having to pick the lesser of two evil governments to fund.

Remember when Clayton Williams said that thing about getting raped? Well, I’m trying to figure out how to enjoy it.

Oh yeah, that required temperature shit sure did go away quick.
    I agree with all this. Don't cause a scene at the business. Vote with your dollars. Make a scene with the politicians.

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    Lol I don’t put bumper stickers on my car so I can’t wear a mask with a statement but they are funny. I carry a brown bandana just in case I get in a situation that a mask is needed or required. Now they say the bandana is the least effective? So I’m guessing a bandana will be prohibitive soon?

CyberWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    US
    No disagreement there, but I was thinking more around managing likelihood of random confrontation (e.g. pick your battles) and exploitation of bullshit tyrannical directives (unlawful orders) to provide a means for opportunistically "dissapearing in plain-sight"...

For example: https://www.wired.co.uk/article/avoid-facial-recognition-software

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    I’m still wondering why if this virus is so deadly and contagious that we don’t see any biohazard boxes anywhere to dispose of the used masks and gloves potentially contaminated with the virus. Instead they are disposed of in the regular garbage or in the case of corpitos they are left in the parking lots next to the dirty diapers.
    We put AIDS & hepatitis exposed items in the regular trash all the time. Usually only things that are soaked or things exposed to microbes that are easily transmitted on fomites (Ebola, Marberg, etc) are put in biohazard & incinerated.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Those that meekly go along wit Da Fooch and his directives are not going to inherit the earth.

If everyone would just 'stop' going along with the madness by NOT wearing a mask, and start doing business, the economy would be greatly helped and the pissant/unelected overseers like /Da Fooch would just wring their hands in frustration that they're being ignored.

Gonna arrest all our asses?

Don't think so.

No mask and then you dared to open your business?

Who do you people think you are?

U.S. citizens?

Last edited:

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    Well, even Kerr County won't be far enough to escape the masks. Buy you can visit Charlie.

Gov Abbott says masks for anyone in a county w/ more than 20 cases.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    It says...

"The order does not apply to anyone 10 years old or younger, individuals with health conditions that prevent them from wearing a mask or someone who is consuming food or drink."

So, if I carry a bottle of water, which I am consuming, that should mean that I don't have to wear a mask.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    It says...

"The order does not apply to anyone 10 years old or younger, individuals with health conditions that prevent them from wearing a mask or someone who is consuming food or drink."

So, if I carry a bottle of water, which I am consuming, that should mean that I don't have to wear a mask.

Damn it.
    I can no longer find the article I quoted that from.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Those that meekly go along wit Da Fooch and his directives are not going to inherit the earth.

If everyone would just 'stop' going along with the madness by NOT wearing a mask, and start doing business, the economy would be greatly helped and the pissant/unelected overseers like /Da Fooch would just wring their hands in frustration that they're being ignored.

Gonna arrest all our asses?

Don't think so.

No mask and then you dared to open your business?

Who do you people think you are?

U.S. citizens?

You think the Constitution has to be

Well I guess you can always order food from amazon oh wait they are commie scum too.

I guess its Hunting and a veggie garden.

I think i will just use the mask when a store requires it.

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    We put AIDS & hepatitis exposed items in the regular trash all the time. Usually only things that are soaked or things exposed to microbes that are easily transmitted on fomites (Ebola, Marberg, etc) are put in biohazard & incinerated.

But the way the media has hyped it there is no difference.

Top Bottom