Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I finally figured out how to speed the damn playback up...
    Most of what I watch on YT goes by at double speed. I can't imagine using that website without the ability to speed things up.

There are plenty of video sites that don't have that capability, though. Whenever I want to hear a lecture that I can only find on such a site, I download the clip then use a standalone player to speed up the playback.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    That’s the plan in Bexar County until they can force everyone to be a shut in. El Jefe’s goal post is an effective vaccine. Regardless of your position on vaccines, efficacy is somewhat dependent on adoption of the vaccine by the public. So his goalpost could very be until 100% of the population is vaccinated and can prove it.
    Even if they develop and FDA approves a vaccine, it will take a long time to manufacture multimillion doses of vaccine.

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    Even if they develop and FDA approves a vaccine, it will take a long time to manufacture multimillion doses of vaccine.

Supposedly that's one of the biggest advantages of the mRNA-type vaccines that the American companies are working on -- they can be mass-produced very easily, and they can shift easily if a virus mutates.

Of course, that's what they say -- what the truth is, who knows.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Well, as Ben pointed out, it's not available on all videos.
    On my phone, when in desktop mode, I hit the three dots, and the option shows, if it's available.
    I've never seen it not be available on a YouTube video. I think there's some versions of the YouTube app that doesn't support it, but I use NewPipe on all android devices. It's speed feature is even better than YouTube's.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Supposedly that's one of the biggest advantages of the mRNA-type vaccines that the American companies are working on -- they can be mass-produced very easily, and they can shift easily if a virus mutates.

Of course, that's what they say -- what the truth is, who knows.

We do not have the manufacturing capability, regardless of how "easy" the mass production is. It still takes equipment to produce, measure, fill and package. And we don't have the spare capacity to produce the huge amounts needed.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    HHSDSHS-Logo.png

Statewide:

upload_2020-7-14_12-20-42.png

So how are we out of morgue space?

And where are the deaths of the kids and young people?
    upload_2020-7-14_12-21-48.png

Lots of fake news going around.

Attachments

• upload_2020-7-14_12-20-42.png
      upload_2020-7-14_12-20-42.png
      8.5 KB · Views: 617
    • upload_2020-7-14_12-21-48.png
      upload_2020-7-14_12-21-48.png
      6.3 KB · Views: 635
    • HHSDSHS-Logo.png
      HHSDSHS-Logo.png
      6.7 KB · Views: 602

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    My wife's sister lives in Kentucky and she and her husband watch CNN for at least 10 hours a day. She called the wife the other day to ask if she knew that thousands of Texas teenagers were dying from the virus.

Of course, this same couple goes to Harbor Freight and buys 5-6 boxes of disposable gloves every month. They are the epitome of stupid when it comes to anything political or national because they never think for themselves and they believe 100% of what the see on CNN.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I think there's some versions of the YouTube app that doesn't support it,
    Yeah. My TV has one of those. I'd do most of my video watching on the big screen if it weren't for the fact that the YT app on it doesn't have a playback speed setting.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Following up on a couple of things here. All the data in the chart below was sourced today from the Texas Department of State Health Services COVID-19 additional data page. The line numbers are a percentage of the total cases or fatalities, so when you see 35, read that as 35%.
    COVIDElderly.JPG

One of the quirks I found is that nobody is reconciling the Nursing Home/Assisted Living Facility data with the larger data set; you can see this by adding the total case percentages, which results in 110%. Some of that may be due to the different reporting structures between NH/ALFs and the rest of the data.

One thing I'll to @oldag 's post 1874 on the age demographics. Notice the total fatalities only account for about 20% of the overall fatalities. Here's the DSHS disclaimer on that, "Demographic data comes from completed fatality investigations by local and regional health departments received by DSHS." So it's evident data either isn't being funneled or processed in a timely manner.

All of this is to say that King Abbot's emergency orders are based on the following provisions in the Texas Health and Safety Code:
    (7) "Public health disaster" means:
    (A) a declaration by the governor of a state of disaster; and
    (B) a determination by the commissioner that there exists an immediate threat from a communicable disease that:
    (i) poses a high risk of death or serious long-term disability to a large number of people; and
    (ii) creates a substantial risk of public exposure because of the disease's high level of contagion or the method by which the disease is transmitted.​

With a population of 29M, this means approximately .012% of the population is now the threshold for "a large number of people" but, by the same token it can be argued that while one element of B (ii) may be met, I don't think both are.

Attachments

• COVIDElderly.JPG
      COVIDElderly.JPG
      48.7 KB · Views: 417
    Top Bottom