• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Am I misreading? Why would they give you antibiotics and steroids if your lungs were clear the whole time? Antibiotics are the last resort, they kill your immune system hence the name anti biotic (against life). I have had pneumonia three times in my life. The last two times I was coughing up blood. The first time was walking pneumonia and I was coughing up a little blood and they put me on azithromycin. The second time was regular pneumonia and they gave me an azithromycin IV.
    Chest X-Ray showed pneumonia and I was having fever. I'm diabetic also so they don't take risks. The doc says it's a mild case at this point and better to stop it before it gets worse. The steroids were for possible covid dropping my O2
    Guns International

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas
    Chest X-Ray showed pneumonia and I was having fever. I'm diabetic also so they don't take risks. The doc says it's a mild case at this point and better to stop it before it gets worse. The steroids were for possible covid dropping my O2
    I got you. The second paragraph threw me off. At least you can say you survived WuFlu.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    How could 11 adults ALL have a sub-98 degree temp?
    Because 98.6 isn't "normal temperature" as we were taught decades ago. Most adults have a normal temp about a degree lower than that but it varies by person and over the course of a day. There are lots of fun articles out there about this state of affairs. It's been understood for years. Yet it's still the case that most people think 98.6 is normal. It's not.

rmantoo

Cranky old fart: Pull my finger
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    Because 98.6 isn't "normal temperature" as we were taught decades ago. Most adults have a normal temp about a degree lower than that but it varies by person and over the course of a day. There are lots of fun articles out there about this state of affairs. It's been understood for years. Yet it's still the case that most people think 98.6 is normal. It's not.
    I understandThat, but a good friend is a lvl 4 trauma surgeon and er Director for a huge hospital. He says for 11 people to all be under 98, with only 1 of those 11 being above 97.6, is outside of statistical norms.

Additionally, the temp gun the tsa dude was using was a “Chicago tools” (harbor freight)... which are nether reliable, nor calibrated.

I’m not asserting that everyone in front of us had high temps. I’m likewise not asserting that any of them necessarily did. What I am asserting is that tolerance/error stacking, for lack of a better term, tells my seat of the pants bs matter that there are a lot of factors that’s are being... misused? misunderstood?... uselessly, mindlessly adhered to? temp being one of them, by bureaucracies and corporations that all lead me to believe that several layers of our “reasonable precautions” are bs- or close.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    ... tsa ...
    You’re confusing efficacy with theater. Thousands Standing Around is not, and has not ever, been anything other than a feel good post-9/11 jobs program to provide a public perception that it’s ok to get on a airliner, thereby enabling a whole bunch of other things that underpin the US economy.

They’ve never been about safety or security of travelers.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I understandThat, but a good friend is a lvl 4 trauma surgeon and er Director for a huge hospital. He says for 11 people to all be under 98, with only 1 of those 11 being above 97.6, is outside of statistical norms.

Additionally, the temp gun the tsa dude was using was a “Chicago tools” (harbor freight)... which are nether reliable, nor calibrated.

I’m not asserting that everyone in front of us had high temps. I’m likewise not asserting that any of them necessarily did. What I am asserting is that tolerance/error stacking, for lack of a better term, tells my seat of the pants bs matter that there are a lot of factors that’s are being... misused? misunderstood?... uselessly, mindlessly adhered to? temp being one of them, by bureaucracies and corporations that all lead me to believe that several layers of our “reasonable precautions” are bs- or close.
    All that tells me is, yeah, I ain't flying anywhere anytime soon.

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas

That and it’s not necessarily correct that skin surface temperature is 98.6° either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas
    Listen to yourselves...read your posts. You have a much greater chance of dying in a plane crash than contracting WuFlu and dying.
    In other news...I don’t do Twitter but get these emails now and then. This Jeff Tiedrich guy is a dildo. How is shit like this acceptable but reposting an article from the Washington Post is a violation of their terms? You should see his other posts, they are MUCH worse. Some wish death to Trump, his family and people that are not liberals.

16F41A80-51B5-4D4B-B001-140D822786E0.png

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Listen to yourselves...read your posts. You have a much greater chance of dying in a plane crash than contracting WuFlu and dying.
    To me, it's not about dying from any disease. I'm not afraid of COVID, China Flu or whatever you want to call it. It's the politics of the situation. Everyone is making a big deal about masks and "social distancing", but when it comes to big business, they'll make exceptions. Meanwhile they'll run small businesses into the ground, and have the attitude of "oh well" and "you have to save grandma".

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas
    To me, it's not about dying from any disease. I'm not afraid of COVID, China Flu or whatever you want to call it. It's the politics of the situation. Everyone is making a big deal about masks and "social distancing", but when it comes to big business, they'll make exceptions. Meanwhile they'll run small businesses into the ground, and have the attitude of "oh well" and "you have to save grandma".
    Bingo!

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin

When was the last time he took a temp? I was voluntold that I was screening for a shift a few weeks ago. Everyone entering the hospital gets checked. Everyone <98°. Every pt I send to PACU gets a temp check. Everyone is <98° unless they are having a malignant hyperthermia reaction

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    When was the last time he took a temp? I was voluntold that I was screening for a shift a few weeks ago. Everyone entering the hospital gets checked. Everyone <98°. Every pt I send to PACU gets a temp check. Everyone is <98° unless they are having a malignant hyperthermia reaction
    I quit looking at the temp. At work we have these big Iphone looking things that shows an outline to face in. Although it does print out the temp on the screen, it has a voice that says "normal temperature", and that's all I need.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    If you are a believer who loves this country (or even if you just love this country), consider tuning in to this one-time event. It has a great lineup of speakers and musical guests. It is set to start at 7PM Central TODAY ONLY. If you're not sure it's for you, check out the link below. You should be able to view the trailer there. Hope you can all make it! (and we can now only because we got fiber, finally, on Friday)

ETA: I noticed that you can "RSVP" for the event now. I don't know if that's required to view it, so I just did it. YMMV.

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas
    If you are a believer who loves this country (or even if you just love this country), consider tuning in to this one-time event. It has a great lineup of speakers and musical guests. It is set to start at 7PM Central TODAY ONLY. If you're not sure it's for you, check out the link below. You should be able to view the trailer there. Hope you can all make it! (and we can now only because we got fiber, finally, on Friday)

ETA: I noticed that you can "RSVP" for the event now. I don't know if that's required to view it, so I just did it. YMMV.
    We are going to check it out!

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas
    We thought that it was excellent! I hope you were able to view it. Turns out it was basically a message to people of faith to GET OUT AND VOTE (and we have).
    Also, got this from a friend today:
    View attachment 231010
    We missed it. By the time I got after work errands done at the ranch and got to the house the kids were finishing a children’s Halloween movie and getting ready for bed. I was not far behind.

Top Bottom