• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I want to see 2018 vs 2019 vs 2020 total deaths once those ultimately are released. If COVID-19 was as bad as our reaction, there should be a significant spike.
    Venture Surplus ad

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    So far, the best estimates are that suicide is higher than normal. Take those out of the equation.
    If total deaths are higher than projected and deaths from the comorbidities as the primary cause of death don't drop, then it was as bad as they say.
    If comorbidity deaths are significantly lower than projected, then it was all a big sham. And everything was for nothing.
    One thing I find very telling. They are tracking the cause of death in near real time. But the things they are not telling us, the numbers of other causes of death as the primary cause.
    Maybe because then we would be able to compare them with the projected numbers from other years or the projected numbers for this year????

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    If you are under 65, without comorbidities,
    I'm morbidly obese, asthmatic, diabetic, and have had pneumonia many times, including hospitalization and nearly dying at least 3 times.

These days I'm not terribly concerned with wearing a mask but I've been basically avoiding people during all this. Going to doctors and sitting in waiting rooms, which are things I can't avoid, have felt like my riskiest activities for the last several months.

We all agreed, about 100,000 posts ago, that while there were substantial differences in opinions about how the general population should or should not modify their behavior, old folks with a laundry list of comorbidities should probably avoid their normal interactions with humanity.

It pains me to admit I'm in the latter group.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I know what you are saying Ben. I'm not avoiding but I'm not as social as I was. There are friends I would love to go visit but I'm afraid of unknowingly taking it to them. Less afraid for myself than for them.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    A little perspective: In 2017 there were 647,457 deaths from heart disease, 599,108 deaths from cancer. I don't see anyone running around in a panic over those numbers.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    There’s a growing sentiment among the medical and infectious diseases community that the cure is killing the patients at large and it’s that’s gaining traction.

The Great Barrington Declaration that pretty much says the disease is not both as contagious and as fatal to the population at large as was first thought.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Lol you think most people are thinking that far ahead? I'm sure that 90% of the people pushing masks have blind faith that a homemade cloth mask will completely protect them and that's all they have to do because that's what their benevolent rulers told them to do. We're lucky this is nowhere near as bad as "authorities" were originally saying it would be.

No one ever claimed complete protection. leVieux

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas
    So what’s the end game for you guys and gals to get back to life as it was before the Wu Flu? The magic vaccine? A public servant announcing that we can? The CDC announcing that masks were never stopping the transmission of the virus and we all got played because influenza and many other things are nearly as deadly or much more deadly? Herd Immunity? Some prescription drug?

This is an honest question.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    So what’s the end game for you guys and gals to get back to life as it was before the Wu Flu? The magic vaccine? A public servant announcing that we can? The CDC announcing that masks were never stopping the transmission of the virus and we all got played because influenza and many other things are nearly as deadly or much more deadly? Herd Immunity? Some prescription drug?

Yes

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring

Honestly? I'm ready to relax. This year has been nothing but go go go!

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen

I never really stopped "normal".
    Just extended flu season protocols.

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas
    I never really stopped "normal".
    Just extended flu season protocols.

You wore a mask everywhere you went during flu season? There’s a lot more to that as well. Half capacity restaraunts, school, participating in their extracurricular activities etc. It’s too much of an overreach.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    So what’s the end game for you guys and gals to get back to life as it was before the Wu Flu? ...

And a good one, too. Personally, if I were alone in the world I would be doing the absolute minimum, right now. I'd be as close to back to normal as possible.

However, I'm not alone. I have to employ criteria that are not entirely rational (to me, at least) in order to maintain harmony at home. IOW, I will act like the wu-flu doesn't exist to the maximum extent possible without causing undue stress on my relationship with my sister. I'm helping her see that the time for that is sooner rather than later but she's not yet fully on board.

I can't really blame her. I've seen her with a chunk blown out of the top of her head after her heart rhythms had to be shocked back to a semblance of normality. I've seen her carried out of my house, gasping for breath like a fish out of water. I've sat by her bedside while she was comatose and listened to a doctor explain to me the need to get a family consensus about removing life support.

Hell, I've stared right into her face as her heart stopped.

All of those examples were different bouts of illness spread over the last 20 years.

If my sister is a little gun-shy about returning to normality, I'm going to cut her all the slack she requests for as long as she wants it.

tl;dr - My end game is to return to normal when my sister is also comfortable doing so. It's the least I can do for the woman who looked over and protected me for the first 40 years of my life.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I don't think we are going to see things go back to where they were before the "pandemic" occurred earlier this year. Too many things changed.

I do think that the only way there will be a return to some normalcy of what we think that is normal, is Trump winning by a landslide in the election. If there is a narrow margin, I suspect even the "new normal" of currently, is even going to change drastically.

Top Bottom