1599590170770.png
    Hurley's Gold

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Just say you're exempt, and keep on walking. If they give you crap, ask them if they are familiar with their ADA policy.

So, lie and threaten conflict?

ADA means companies have to give reasonable accommodation, not let you do whatever you want.

At this time, I’m against government mandated anything regarding COVID-19, but bullying an employee doing his job because you don’t want to wear a mask Is more an infringement of property rights than government over-reach.

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas

ADA means companies have to give reasonable accommodation, not let you do whatever you want.

At this time, I’m against government mandated anything regarding COVID-19, but bullying an employee doing his job because you don’t want to wear a mask Is more an infringement of property rights than government over-reach.
    How long do we comply? I’m not the only person sick of this bullshit and I WILL NOT accept this as the new normal like they are acting like. Watch this, these guys nail it. The goal they have set is unattainable and ridiculous.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA

I suppose you could liken it to a "fighting fire with fire".... kind of response to the BS.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....

It's not "threatening conflict". It's proceeding with your business in a public place. The employee decides if there will be a conflict. And places like Walmart and HEB have wisely decided on the corporate level to restrain their employees from engaging in conflicts with customers....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    It's not "threatening conflict". It's proceeding with your business in a public place. The employee decides if there will be a conflict. And places like Walmart and HEB have wisely decided on the corporate level to restrain their employees from engaging in conflicts with customers....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Who causes conflict? The person who breaks the rule or the one who enforces the rule? I’d argue that the person breaking the rule is largely responsible.

Again, this has nothing to do with whether this is “good for people”. Wearing a mask isn’t immoral and it’s something you have been asked to do by the business.

You can argue that mask wearing doesn’t prevent spread of COVID-19, that business shouldn’t be requiring masks, and what measures we should be taking as an individual and as a society regarding COVID-19. It’s still breaking someone’s rules.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

Maybe you are not familiar with rights to privacy of health information, or maybe you just don't think it's important.

Asserting a person's ADA rights isn't threatening conflict that I can see. Not all handicaps are visible to other people.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX

I never said to do either. The exemptions are written broadly enough that anyone can truthfully claim exemption. But that probably won't make much sense if you're pulling out the leftist "avoiding violence is violence!" nonsense.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen

The Governor's mandate lists exemptions. Nowhere does it say I have to explain it to a store employee.
    There is only a confrontation if they start one.
    If they have reason to believe otherwise, they always have the option of calling the proper authorities and let them deal with it.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Who causes conflict? The person who breaks the rule or the one who enforces the rule? I’d argue that the person breaking the rule is largely responsible.

Again, this has nothing to do with whether this is “good for people”. Wearing a mask isn’t immoral and it’s something you have been asked to do by the business.

You can argue that mask wearing doesn’t prevent spread of COVID-19, that business shouldn’t be requiring masks, and what measures we should be taking as an individual and as a society regarding COVID-19. It’s still breaking someone’s rules.
    It isn't the businesse's rule, it's a government mandate. The business is also still bound to follow other existing laws. By reminding people of the mandate, they have done their part. Legally. After that, asking how is a violation of ADA and the mandate. They have no authority under the mandate to investigate the validity of your exemption.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I never said to do either. The exemptions are written broadly enough that anyone can truthfully claim exemption. But that probably won't make much sense if you're pulling out the leftist "avoiding violence is violence!" nonsense.

Let me apologize and maybe be a little more delicate.

I would say that saying you have a disability or exemption when you don’t is dishonest, and I realize was not what you meant.

I know that you don’t have to prove your disability or exemption, but that doesn’t mean they have to let you in. You can be given reasonable options, like using curbside or online.

While the government is making the mandate (more specifically the governor), it still is the business, and really the employee, who is trying uphold mandate.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    For canned or boxed foods, maybe.
    For fresh foods, no way. I know how smart the people picking stuff for online orders are NOT.
    When they require it of everyone, then I might consider online grocery shopping.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Only saw a couple of masked people at an event with 350ish people this weekend. Kudos on Limestone County for not canceling the event, like has happened in so many other counties. Makes me want to buy property there. Milam county has their head up their ass...

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas
    If we all stopped wearing masks what would they do? Not a damn thing. The rest can wear them and stop worrying about me. If the masks work they are “safe”. People know this shit is a farce at this point. I can’t believe there are still people believing this horse manure.

Top Bottom