• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ric_Knight

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    San Marcos
    The easiest thing to do is look carefully for re-print or copyright information on the page you wish to link to or copy. Some say to distribute freely, others say to get permission (easy to send an email and ask) and still others flat out say dont copy or link to their site or page. Bottom line is do some due diligence and cover your self but most importantly the forum you are a member of.

Most forums dont have a lot of money and are generally hobby related. The company in question is a flat out scum bag. Just a shitty way to do business if you ask me.

This is good advice, support by the Media Law prof I talk to.
    Capitol Armory ad

nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    The easiest thing to do is look carefully for re-print or copyright information on the page you wish to link to or copy. Some say to distribute freely, others say to get permission (easy to send an email and ask) and still others flat out say dont copy or link to their site or page. Bottom line is do some due diligence and cover your self but most importantly the forum you are a member of.

Most forums dont have a lot of money and are generally hobby related. The company in question is a flat out scum bag. Just a shitty way to do business if you ask me.
    This is good advice, support by the Media Law prof I talk to.

It's good advice, but not the way you think.

There is nothing illegal about linking to anyone's content that is accessible. The courts have agreed on this more than once. Linking to accessible content is the same as giving someone directions on how to get somewhere, or what the phone book does (addresses are links to physical locations).

The reason this thread says not to link (the actual "good advice"), is so that the folks who all jumped on board with this "get rich quick" plan don't get any more hits from Google (or other search engines) and have their potential advertising revenue increased.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Re: Copywrites, be aware of them.

They are cutting their own throat, and if they are going to run around strong-arming people like this ... to hell with them. No wonder the printed media has gone to online digital media, and now they are pulling this? What kind of trained monkey runs these outfits?

Answer: scum-sucking jackasses who abuse the legal system in order to earn a dollar. I sincerely hope those media groups fold sooner than later, and they find themselves out of a job.

Vance

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    San Leon Texas
    Would love to but I'm color blind. I tend to turn people green. I found a great local pro-printer a few years ago and pay them a bit extra to color correct everything I do for other people. Husband and wife operation and I'm told by customers that she has a great eve. His work is just as good. When my daughter was still at home she was darn good at it to. I have an eye for composure, but not for the colors.

Shoot B&W.

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    That is pretty nuts. Since when is something published in a newspaper protected by copyright laws? Talk about asshattery of douchebag-itis.... just because we don't agree with what their jackbooted liberal "reporters" have to say....

Don2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    East Texas
    Just another way for someone to make money from someone without working for it.!!!
    The internet is very complex, its very hard to know whats right and what wrong most times. I understand programs and such, but if someone wants to take you to court...there is not much you can do about it even if you are 100% right and they are 100% wrong...Its just the way it is...Lawyers win in the end..!!!

Don't get me started..I have had money stolen from me by them a few times.
    Wish I knew a lot of judges...Its who you know, not what you know.!!!

Sorry..it just burns me up..

THANKS TO ALL THE ARMED FORCES GUYS HERE...Yall are the real heros..!!!
    Dang lawyers

Top Bottom