Target Sports

Copperhead Creek Shooting Club: Anyone been lately?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    All the threads on this range are old. Looks like there was some discussion of having Hicksville there but never materialized. I found it interesting that you must pay $50 to prove you can shoot 1 MOA if you want to use their 600-yard range.

Anyone been recently? Do you like it?

http://www.copperheadclub.com/images/prices.pdf

home.jpg

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Good Lord - Have you read all of their rules? They might be up for a Guinness World Record for quantity.

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    The insanely low, zealously enforced, yet broken by everyone (including staff) in ATV...speed limit back to the shooting area is enough to keep me away for everything but major matches.

Carefully driving their pitiful speed limit only to be passed by a group of kids in ATV following a staff weenie in his ATV annoyed me. Being passed by a staff weenie in his big ATV pissed me off. And it happened over, and over, and over...long row of trucks leaving the range, ATV passing us like we were all standing still. Yet...a truck going one mile over gets ejected...

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    The insanely low, zealously enforced, ...speed limit back to the shooting area is enough to keep me away ...
    I once received a speeding ticket for exceeding 5MPH in a federal facility. I think I understand how you feel.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Just got off the phone with them. Couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. Gonna try out their sporting clays. Thanks for the tips on the speed limit.

Riteii

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    Hill Country
    It's my regular range. The guys out there are very friendly and bend over backwards to help you out. Sporting Clays set up is new and very nice. 13 stations overlooking the hill country with some pretty challenging throws.

They are closed on Monday & Tuesday and open to members only on Wednesday. I'm a regular member and get a card & code to get into the facility at any time. I like going there Monday & Tuesday because sometimes I'm the only person there. Makes for a nice range session.

Top Bottom