• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Higgins909

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2016
    Pflugerville
    According to my cheap calipers they measure .170" max and seen a few under .168" I bought a Colt Python and the bb's have to seat into the rotary magazine but don't and fall out because they're undersized. (I checked these calipers to some standards at work, so I have a feeling they're fairly accurate) This is very undersized if they're supposed to be .177.

I bought them from Academy. (I like to support local business when I can) The only other bb's they had were made by Daisy I think and they were uncoated steel. I'm not having too much fun trying to find/reseat bb's into the magazine. I was thinking I could get a blowback Beretta Apx I saw and hope it could finish off this ammo and also pick up better ammo.

Does Daisy make better bb's?

Thanks,
    Higgins909
    DK Firearms

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    If I think about it tomorrow, I'll go out to the shed and measure some of the Daisy BBs I have. I think all mine are zinc coated.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I haven't bought Copperheads since I was a teenager, but I had one of those Colt Python bb/pellet guns back then and had no problems with them staying in the cylinder. Of course, this is 30+ year old information and things could easily have changed...

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I have two brands of BBs, Daisy zinc coated and Hornady Black Diamond. According to my mic, they both measure .1723 ± .0005. That is a sampling of 10 each. I guess that's close enough for a BB gun.

toby1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2018
    Llano, Tx
    I'm curious if anyone has some of the old copper coated Daisy BB's and could compare their size to the newer zinc coated BB's? I have an old model 25 Daisy and never had the old copper coated BB's fall out where as the newer zinc ones will just fall out till one is caught and held by the spring. I don't think the spring is worn, it looks good and is still tight. Plus I've taken the gun totally apart and cleaned 57 years worth of gunk out of her.

Top Bottom