Military Camp

Constitutional Carry confusion leading to increased arrests in the Lone Star State?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Does the school zone still apply if the school is closed? I ride my bicycle through a school if no cars are in the parking lot and school is closed.
    Guns International

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Does the school zone still apply if the school is closed? I ride my bicycle through a school if no cars are in the parking lot and school is closed.

Whether it applies or not is irrelevant. The question is whether it’s enforceable. Who has jurisdiction to stop you while riding your bicycle?

Do those agencies have the ability to charge you under federal law?

Does a Texas LTC change the ability of an agency to charge you and, if so, how?

RedneckHillbilly

Blacksheep of forums
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2023
    Texas, Kilgore
    My view on any licensing, pertaining to firearms, whether have one or not, is gun registration. It is also citizens saying, the government has a right to infringe on the 2’nd & 4’th amendments at the very least. The nature of presenting it, because you were detained, on the premises of proving your innocence, is against the founders intention as well. Yes, the person stopped or detained should being showing signs of suspicion, not just in the wrong neighborhood or whatever.

Last edited:

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    My view on any licensing, pertaining to firearms, whether have one or not, is fun registration. Its also citizens saying the government has a right to infringe on the 2’nd, 4’th amendments at the very least. The nature of presenting it because you were detained it on the premises of proving innocence. Yes, the person stopped or detained should being showing signs of suspicion, not just in the wrong neighborhood or whatever.
    Pretty much. An ltc or any chl is infringement. Having permission from the state doesn’t stop people from waking up and wanting to commit a crime.

Don’t get me wrong there’s very stupid people out there. Very. People can sit in a class and be told and shown that these are examples of force and you can’t use deadly force. People will still shoot someone illegally. It kind of gets worse for those going permitless. I promise you most people don’t read the text of new laws. Then people talk and spread misinformation and think they know what’s legal.

I watch people for a living. The shit I see people do is entertaining or head scratching.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

Whether it applies or not is irrelevant. The question is whether it’s enforceable. Who has jurisdiction to stop you while riding your bicycle?

Well it is plenty enforceable if they know you are coming.

In the original case, school authorities were tipped off Lopez was bringing a gun to school and arrested him as he arrived.

No Federal authorities were present, but the next day a deal was worked out and state charges dropped, and Federal charges made.

So I think the lesson here is if you are going to be actually carrying on school property (as opposed to down an Interstate 850 ft away), the less people who know the better.

RedneckHillbilly

Blacksheep of forums
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2023
    Texas, Kilgore
    Well it is plenty enforceable if they know you are coming.

In the original case, school authorities were tipped off Lopez was bringing a gun to school and arrested him as he arrived.

No Federal authorities were present, but the next day a deal was worked out and state charges dropped, and Federal charges made.

So I think the lesson here is if you are going to be actually carrying on school property (as opposed to down an Interstate 850 ft away), the less people who know the better.
    What concerns me, is that the mechanisms is there to arrest people for this kind of stuff. Just because it hasn’t happened yet, doesnt mean it wont.

trlrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My favorite are the locations with signs prohibiting concealed carry holders from carrying but no signage for people who are not-licensed. So you can only carry if you are un-licensed.
    Don't know about your, but I tend to avoid business' that are posted. There is always another that is not. In the case there is not, there is always Online Shopping!

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am pretty sure there’s a exception to the 1000 ft law of certain buildings, but asking, cause I honestly don’t know, but what about driving past said buildings going down the road?. Or picking up/dropping off someone at said institutions?
    The Federal Courts here have prohibited enforcement of the State “1000’ law”, b/c there is no practical way for a person to know where the ‘’zones’’ are.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Its not that we don’t need law’s as law is what keeps societies within boundaries and sets rules that all agree upon. It’s when laws are written to infringe your constitutional rights and make good honest people get into trouble. Criminals dont necessarily care about any laws, (what is a definition of a criminal, as one would define it as breaking any law, others would suggest its when people have ill intents on doing nefarious acts), and anarchy isn’t a good way of life, so the requirement is good people with a good moral footing and caring for your neighbor rights as well, not just your own.
    At some point, when so many laws are created, you get to where it’s the same as no laws, which is both bad and disheartening. Its the same as the little boy crying wolf, once you cry so many times, nobody listens…
    <>

These issues have been discussed extensively, here & elsewhere.

My bottom line is this: These restrictive laws applying to regular Citizens always disarm only the WRONG people; thus seriously harming public safety.

”GunFree Zones” is a concept of rigid, non-understanding zealots; not those of us who seek actual improved safety for all.

Even worse is the politically inspired forced disarmament of our on-duty Military Officers.

Way back when the USS Cole was almost sunk by terrorists in a little rubber boat, we wondered how this could have happened. Media wouldn’t tell us. We later learned that the deck guards were patrolling with empty rifles per presidential order. They were not allowed to have ammo, so they just watched.

These zones have resulted in many unnecessary deaths of innocents, yet continue.

leVieux

RedneckHillbilly

Blacksheep of forums
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2023
    Texas, Kilgore
    <>

These issues have been discussed extensively, here & elsewhere.

My bottom line is this: These restrictive laws applying to regular Citizens always disarm only the WRONG people; thus seriously harming public safety.

”GunFree Zones” is a concept of rigid, non-understanding zealots; not those of us who seek actual improved safety for all.

Even worse is the politically inspired forced disarmament of our on-duty Military Officers.

Way back when the USS Cole was almost sunk by terrorists in a little rubber boat, we wondered how this could have happened. Media wouldn’t tell us. We later learned that the deck guards were patrolling with empty rifles per presidential order. They were not allowed to have ammo, so they just watched.

These zones have resulted in many unnecessary deaths of innocents, yet continue.

leVieux
    In my opinion more laws, like we are talking about, actually creates more danger. It isolates those at risk from anyone willing to protect them. Its a coral, to herd people into trains in my view. Yes there are stupid people out there, maybe we’ll meaning, but is it because of more laws that make guns a thing not readily used or shared, that a lot of people don’t have healthy exposure to get experience and respect for them?

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In my opinion more laws, like we are talking about, actually creates more danger. It isolates those at risk from anyone willing to protect them. Its a coral, to herd people into trains in my view. Yes there are stupid people out there, maybe we’ll meaning, but is it because of more laws that make guns a thing not readily used or shared, that a lot of people don’t have healthy exposure to get experience and respect for them?
    Of course. . . . .

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Does a Texas LTC change the ability of an agency to charge you and, if so, how?
    <>

I have been told that a “CHL/CL/CWP, etc” is considered by our Courts to be “otherwise authorized”.

That is in regard to zones, not the actual insides of school builldings.

If we have a knowledgeable Attorney following this, please advise or correct.

leVieux

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom