Join TexasGunTalk

Conserve energy now if you can - grid running low

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by oldag, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Younggun

Younggun Ginger Avenger TGT Supporter Admin

Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I don’t think Texas has all that much of a “reliance” on wind energy. It’s mostly just wasteful spending that could have gone towards more effective means of electricity generation.

If you want to see what happens when you rely on it just look at Germany. They lose money selling their excess energy when demand is low and pay exorbitant prices to buy energy from other countries when demand is high. They are buying energy from the same types of plants that they shut down because they wanted to be “green”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BuzzinSATX, TheMailMan and Davetex like this.
  2. Younggun

Younggun Ginger Avenger TGT Supporter Admin

Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Exactly this.

Too bad it takes decades to get one built despite them being proven safe as long as you aren’t a communist country and don’t build them in areas susceptible to massive earthquake and tsunamis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TX OMFS and Davetex like this.
  3. Dad_Roman

Dad_Roman TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    Another magnificent government plan.....

ZX9RCAM and Davetex like this.
  4. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015
    That is an extremely true statement.

studenygreg likes this.
  5. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015
    Any one person turning off a light is nothing, but a million people turning off lights adds up.

6. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015
    Even the 25% or so wind level in Texas is causing problems, as was evidenced today. There are also issues with frequency, voltage control, ride through, etc. as evidenced in ERCOT reports.

You are right about Germany.

Davetex likes this.
  7. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015
    System in better shape now.

8. popper

popper Active Member

Apr 23, 2013
    Gee, driving through eastern Co, Ks, Ok, Tx I see most of the wind generators IDLE! They closed the Cedar station few years back, Richmond last year. What do you expect? Water rates on the increase also, been that way for 50 yrs. Processing plants cost going up and Gov. salary increases. Adding about 1 K persons/day in DFW and schools start early so snow and teacher days don't get in the way.

9. skfullen

skfullen In the woods... TGT Supporter

I understand. However, I only have complete control of one person. Besides, my post was a feeble attempt at humor.

gll, 96fordsix, Southpaw and 2 others like this.
  10. birddog

birddog bullshit meter

Mar 4, 2008
    Dallas / Ft. Worth
    Gov is the problem, not consumers. Uncontrolled construction for the sake of the almighty property tax dollar is the problem.

Gov whining about water and resources is a problem they’ve created with inadequate infrastructure and planning for growth. My thermostat is set on 60 and staying on 60. Fuckem.

TheMailMan likes this.