• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Houston
    Right next to Gun Emporium on FM2854 is Conroe Shooting Center. I guess Gun Emporium is the store and Shooting Center is the range? Anyway, west of the main building is the shotgun range I wanted to post about. They have a little shop where you can get shells, chokes, and even shotguns. The outdoor trap/skeet range is fairly standard. Back in the woods they have a ten stage sporting clays course, and this is what I did. Its $40 for 100shots, bring your own ammo or buy theirs at standard prices. The stages themselves are all within thick woods and swampy land, the plus being that there is plenty of shade.

We were led around by one of the staff on a golf cart from stage to stage. Since we were the only ones shooting and he was the only one working we asked what happens when they have more shooters than workers. He replied they never staff each stage, rather accompany those that are new and allow known customers to just hit the range themselves and have someone in the party man the launch buttons.

So, the result of this kind of "in your backyard" appearance and easy going management makes the whole thing feel very low key and (to me anyway) nice and comfy. Not "country club $5k guns only" kind of feel at all, if you know what I mean. It might get a little interesting if there were a lof of customers, but my impression is this isnt a problem.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Shot there earlier this week. I've shot there frequently in the past as well. Nice guys. I dislike the per person/per gun charge thing they have going on. So I normally just take 1 gun there. Give Shooters Station in Conroe a try as well. Great staff, AMAZING facilities, and at $15/hour you can shoot there for 2 hours(as many guns as you like) for almost what it costs at Gun Emporium. Granted Shooters Station doesn't have the cool trap setup that Gun Emporium does, But Gun Emporium doesn't have A/C. Trade offs! Lol.

Rainman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Montgomery County, Texas
    It's nice haveing Gun Emporium so close to us, we are refering shotty clientele there daily. They have a great reputation from what I hear. Sounds like north central Montgomery County is the place for shooting sports! Gotta love it!

Charger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Houston
    lol! Actually, I have gone to SS many times to shoot handguns and even to buy my little 642. I like indoor ranges much better for handguns. I havent been since the mods to the range though :)

Top Bottom