• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I'm going to Camp Mabry tomorrow to get an ID card renewed. With an LTC, I'll be packing a concealed handgun. I think I remember the TxAG had okayed civilian concealed carry on post about two years ago. Anyone hear anything different?
    DK Firearms

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Yes, it is legal. Mabru is state property and the Adjutant General of the Texas National Guard, who has authority for the installation, has confirmed he will abide by state law. Heck, you could even legally open carry there.

The letter to that effect is posted on here somewhere, I will see if I can find it.

Just be aware there are some Federal facilities on Mabry that are prohibited from any carrying under USC 18, Sec 930. Steer clear of them!

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    That letter may no longer be valid. In the script it mention effective date starting in 2016 and remainining in affect for two years. Might check to see if there is anything more recent. Take this with a grain of salt.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

Don't you just LOVE being a TEXICAN??
    (Now if we could get the CIC/POTUS to sign an EO that allows all PROPERLY LICENSED persons to carry concealed on all federal property.)

FYI, it really "hacks me off" that to be legal that I must go home & secure my handgun before mailing a letter or package at the Post Office and/or go to the PX & commissary. -This is especially true since before I retired that I carried concealed every day on post. = That is truly a PITA.

yours, satx
    USA, Retired

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    To All,

Don't you just LOVE being a TEXICAN??
    (Now if we could get the CIC/POTUS to sign an EO that allows all PROPERLY LICENSED persons to carry concealed on all federal property.)

FYI, it really "hacks me off" that to be legal that I must go home & secure my handgun before mailing a letter or package at the Post Office and/or go to the PX & commissary. -This is especially true since before I retired that I carried concealed every day on post. = That is truly a PITA.

yours, satx
    USA, Retired

Do you really think I do that????

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I'm back home. Out on PR. J/K, no problem at all. Face masks required.
    But, dang, I was there too early to tour the museum.

I don't know, Mabry has changed so much. It seems a bit cluttered. I started out working there in 1969 in Bldg 6. After a couple of years we moved the entire parachute packing facility to a brand new Bldg 67. Now it's some kind of aerial delivery facility. I guess there are still some airborne units in the TXARNG. Not like the 71st Abn Brigade back then for sure. Looks like the 49th AD is gone.

Last edited:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    I'm back home. Out on PR. J/K, no problem at all. Face masks required.
    But, dang, I was there too early to tour the museum...

You couldn't visit the Texas Military Forces Museum anyway, it's been closed since 14 March due to COVID-19...

http://www.texasmilitaryforcesmuseum.org/

Did you ever find out if there is an updated version of the personally owned firearms policy?

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom