Attachments

• Screenshot_20221014-192645_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
      Screenshot_20221014-192645_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
      196.1 KB · Views: 120

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Years back, c. 1978, Houston, i watched a friend & INS Judge get caught on an apartment complex’ poolside tanning lounge, under a drug-dealer gun battle.

The dealer-victim came out and pointed a large revolver, concealed under a towel, at friend. I was across & above, in my unit, with 7mm Rem Mag, round chambered & safety off. Crosshairs on dealer’s chest.

Scared me. Even the memory scares me, today. . . . .

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Concealed means concealed. You'd be surprised at the places you can carry if no one knows.
    I noticed the anti gun rules in the contracts of several apartments when a relative was relocating from the Dallas area. My comments to him were 'don't ask. don't tell' and 'if properly concealed, no one should be aware it's there'.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    Fresh outta the Corps in 1980 in an apartment in Houston , I had a female (large) pull a 12 inch knife on me in the laundry because she was taking my clothes out of the dryer to put hers in, I had JUST loaded and started in with my money! I backed out and drew my 1911 when she followed yelling at me..never saw a hippo like person waddle away so FAST!

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    Years back, c. 1978, Houston, i watched a friend & INS Judge get caught on an apartment complex’ poolside tanning lounge, under a drug-dealer gun battle.

The dealer-victim came out and pointed a large revolver, concealed under a towel, at friend. I was across & above, in my unit, with 7mm Rem Mag, round chambered & safety off. Crosshairs on dealer’s chest.

Scared me. Even the memory scares me, today. . . . .

Kudos to your restraint.

I’d have had a hard time not pulling the trigger when I was hunting over bait like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    In the mid 90s, my apartment complex got several complaints from anti-gunners about the danger of having unsecured guns by unknown people in the complex. Their response was to mail letters to all residents saying that firearms could no longer be stored in apartments or on the properly. This pissed off a lot of armed residents. One put up signs something to the effect of: "Attention thieves and burglars, by management decree, this apartment complex is a safe, gun free zone." Then the complaints really started and management was asked what they planned to do to increase security. In the end, they decided they could not forbid firearms and if the signs came down they would not pursue this further.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    States "where allowed by law"
    Unless I'm wrong I can pack poolside?
    Yes.
    I wonder if this is old verbiage from a long time ago.

Also, don't forget Property Code §92.026:
    Unless possession of a firearm or firearm ammunition on a landlord’s property is prohibited by state or federal law, a landlord may not prohibit a tenant or a tenant’s guest from lawfully possessing, carrying, transporting, or storing a firearm, any part of a firearm, or firearm ammunition:
    (1) in the tenant’s rental unit;
    (2) in a vehicle located in a parking area provided for tenants or guests by the landlord of the leased premises; or
    (3) in other locations controlled by the landlord as necessary to:
    (A) enter or exit the tenant’s rental unit;
    (B) enter or exit the leased premises; or
    (C) enter or exit a vehicle on the leased premises or located in a parking area provided by the landlord for tenants or guests.

The landlord may prohibit weapons in common areas (by the pool) but they would need to use prescribed signage.

So unless you see an 06 sign by the pool (or an 05 sign without a valid LTC), you may lawfully have a handgun poolside.
    If there are signs and you choose to carry, remember that getting caught past an 06 sign is a class C misdemeanor punishable by a fine no to exceed $200.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    It would be nice to have another thread on the same subject except condos. I wonder how things change when I'm not renting but I have an ownership interest in everything, even the common areas. Or maybe someone familiar with the law could comment here.

Seriously, I wonder what the law says about me defending my home against a bunch of rioters who break in to my entryway and try to set the place on fire. I wonder how the fact that my entryway is on the 1st floor and I sleep on the 20th floor impacts my right to defend my home.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Kudos to your restraint.

I’d have had a hard time not pulling the trigger when I was hunting over bait like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Yeah, action beats reaction...

Waiting until the drug dealer shoots your friend before shooting the drug dealer is a no-go for me. Drug dealer points gun at someone innocent, their life is forfeit.

I dont know if I could face my friend after not shooting someone who was pointing a gun at them

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Based on what you posted you should be well within your legal rights to carry while at your pool. However I'd add if its concealed properly it doesn't matter what they say since they wont know.
    <>

We often see a ‘’conflict of rights’’; some here insist that one’s rights over their property are absolute, but once a person is invited to enter, or, as in this case, PAYS to enter, those property rights cannot magically cancel the person’s individual constitutional rights.

This is even worse when the property is public property. Our government has intruded way too far in this area. Just consider the Post Office or the NFL.

We must both speak out and try to elect those who will respect our individual rights.

Meanwhile, our Courts, whose Judges have each sworn to respect our Constitution, often improperly and anti-Constitutionally side with intrusive government.

To reminisce on Reagan; ‘’Government is not the solution; government IS THE PROBLEM! ’’

leVieux

<>

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes.
    I wonder if this is old verbiage from a long time ago.

Also, don't forget Property Code §92.026:
    Unless possession of a firearm or firearm ammunition on a landlord’s property is prohibited by state or federal law, a landlord may not prohibit a tenant or a tenant’s guest from lawfully possessing, carrying, transporting, or storing a firearm, any part of a firearm, or firearm ammunition:
    (1) in the tenant’s rental unit;
    (2) in a vehicle located in a parking area provided for tenants or guests by the landlord of the leased premises; or
    (3) in other locations controlled by the landlord as necessary to:
    (A) enter or exit the tenant’s rental unit;
    (B) enter or exit the leased premises; or
    (C) enter or exit a vehicle on the leased premises or located in a parking area provided by the landlord for tenants or guests.

The landlord may prohibit weapons in common areas (by the pool) but they would need to use prescribed signage.

So unless you see an 06 sign by the pool (or an 05 sign without a valid LTC), you may lawfully have a handgun poolside.
    If there are signs and you choose to carry, remember that getting caught past an 06 sign is a class C misdemeanor punishable by a fine no to exceed $200.
    <>

We, of today’s mobile world, must remember that other states have different laws & regulations. I haven’t encountered another state with Texas’ complex signage system.

One thing obvious everywhere is that lobbyists for the “medical industry’’, pro sports, etc. are able to overrule the public’s interest in this area.

Having experience in similar areas, I’d look to the TSRA, and NOT the NRA or other national group, to correct this. State legislators are much more likely to listen seriously to advice from their own stats’s organization.

Our federal bureaucracy has incrementally empowered the entire medical & pro-sports industries to use government to run roughshod over our Citizens’ Rights. This is WRONG !

leVieux

<>

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    It would be nice to have another thread on the same subject except condos. I wonder how things change when I'm not renting but I have an ownership interest in everything, even the common areas. Or maybe someone familiar with the law could comment here.

Seriously, I wonder what the law says about me defending my home against a bunch of rioters who break in to my entryway and try to set the place on fire. I wonder how the fact that my entryway is on the 1st floor and I sleep on the 20th floor impacts my right to defend my home.

Just stay in your apartment and 'accidentally' drop your extensive vintage "Jarts" lawn dart collection out the window in your panicked state.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah, action beats reaction...

Waiting until the drug dealer shoots your friend before shooting the drug dealer is a no-go for me. Drug dealer points gun at someone innocent, their life is forfeit.

I dont know if I could face my friend after not shooting someone who was pointing a gun at them

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
    <>

Actually, it was worse than that.

The young Judge came down immediately after the volleys, and never saw the drug-buyer’s towel-wrapped Buntline aimed at his head,

He didn’t believe the story I had just witnessed.

But, then, a few months later, the drug buyer “Crazy Bob” was pictured on the front page of the Houston Post, being dragged out of a different apartment complex by the HPD SWAT Team.

leVieux

<>

Last edited:

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    I was in an apartment about 4 years ago. If I recall correctly, an apartment complex (or even an HOA) cannot ban having firearms in your residence assuming you can legally possess. The only "carry" option for the apartment was carrying to and from your vehicle. You could not wander the complex carrying nor enter the office area carrying due to proper signage.

Top Bottom