• ...and so much more!
  • Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    OK so starting a conversation is like sending a PM. I think I have got it now. Just a different terminology that I am use to.
    Now, Why the heck can't you do it my way and call it a private message PM.
    Current forum software calls it a convo. Most of us still call it a PM and some a DM, direct message.

We just

just-roll-with-it-60667.gif

with it.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Why are we all COMMENTING in the classified section?(is it against the rules?)
    It's not against the rules. The rule says...
    The classified section is for buying and selling, not a general conversation. If your comment is not directly related to selling or purchasing the item listed, don’t post. If you believe there is an issue with the seller, flag the post and notify the mods.
    ...and even though it's not explicitly stated, that rule only applies in a thread where something is being sold.

It prohibits any "...comment...not directly related to...the item listed..." which means it's only applicable when the comments are in an actual ad because that's the only place things are "listed."

Y'all have to be able to comment generally on the classifieds somewhere, even if it's just to complain about the classifieds. This thread is as good a place as any.

ETA - I just looked over all the forums and sub-forums and I actually don't see a better place for this discussion. If anyone disagrees, let me know. If there's a more appropriate place, I'll gladly walk back this post.

Last edited:

MountainGirl

Never underestimate the abilities of an old woman.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks

ETA - I just looked over all the forums and sub-forums and I actually don't see a better place for this discussion. If anyone disagrees, let me know. If there's a more appropriate place, I'll gladly walk back this post.

There is no more appropriate place, lol.
    Looking at the structure of the Classifieds > Guns For Sale sub-forum, you'll find that this thread isn't even grouped with the classifieds themselves - but pinned at the top, with the posting Rules. No back-walking required, imo.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom