Come and Take It

Axxe55

Trophy Husband. Just Ask My Wife!
Dec 15, 2019
Somewhere....In Texas!
You realize you're talking about the same government that is trying to control how many people you can have inside your own home during Thanksgiving, right? I wouldn't put anything past them.
I have no doubts that there are plenty within the government that would love to start a national gun registry, but just from a logistics standpoint of the time, energy, personnel, and confirming the records that it would entail, it's just not possible.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
Aug 9, 2013
south of killeen
They don't need a full blown registry to start. All they need is the name and ID off of the 4473. In their world, that would give them "probable cause" to search, confiscate and re-educate. That will start something either way. None of which will be good for this Country.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

oldag

TGT Addict
Feb 19, 2015
I have no doubts that there are plenty within the government that would love to start a national gun registry, but just from a logistics standpoint of the time, energy, personnel, and confirming the records that it would entail, it's just not possible.
Ummm... That would be a great employment program for the liberals. And would expand the size of government.

And for the list of owners, there is always the NICS database (that they supposedly don't keep...).

They could change regulations to require FFL's to provide copies of the forms to the Feds. And retroactive for X many years. Then have them scanned and automatically entered as the start of a database.

They really don't need to start with s/n's, they just need owners.

Don't underestimate bureaucracy.

Last edited:

Aus_Schwaben

První k vědět, poslední k péče!
Jan 31, 2019
Abilene, TX
Ummm... That would be a great employment program for the liberals. And would expand the size of government.

And for the list of owners, there is always the NICS database (that they supposedly don't keep...).

They could change regulations to require FFL's to provide copies of the forms to the Feds. And retroactive for X many years. Then have them scanned and automatically entered as the start of a database.

Academy, the PX/BXs, and some independent gun shops have gone to 4473s on computers. Despite reassurances that none of the data on the forms is stored or sent anywhere, it is a concern of mine.

easy rider

Fusion Educator
TGT Supporter
Jun 10, 2015
Odessa, Tx
Academy, the PX/BXs, and some independent gun shops have gone to 4473s on computers. Despite reassurances that none of the data on the forms is stored or sent anywhere, it is a concern of mine.
With over 400 million firearms in the U.S. I think the likelihood of a successful roundup is very low.

I've only bought one firearm from Academy and I can't remember having my arm twisted.

If the gun grabbers get a law in that keeps people from selling or giving guns through a public transaction, then I'll be very concerned.

Of course, I don't have family living with me, so my resistance isn't contingent on keeping my family safe. So all I can say is, when it comes to unconstitutional laws, I will not comply.

Axxe55

Trophy Husband. Just Ask My Wife!
Dec 15, 2019
Somewhere....In Texas!

That is entirely possible, but with the sheer number of guns in the ownership of private citizens, the number of employees it would require to gather, compile and verify that information would be staggering, and I'm sure that many people being hired and used for such a purpose wouldn't go unnoticed.

oldag

TGT Addict
Feb 19, 2015
That is entirely possible, but with the sheer number of guns in the ownership of private citizens, the number of employees it would require to gather, compile and verify that information would be staggering, and I'm sure that many people being hired and used for such a purpose wouldn't go unnoticed.
As if the liberals would care if were noticed? They would want the word (more accurately fear) to spread. They would trumpet it from the rooftops.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Drockton Bullion

Forum statistics

Threads
Members