• ...and so much more!
  • orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    Is this the first step?
    Colt Tells Connecticut, “You Can Keep Your Unions, Gun Bans, and Taxes”…Hello Florida! | The Gateway Pundit

Colt Manufacturing Co. announced earlier this month it is bringing 63 jobs and a new regional headquarters and product manufacturing center to Kissimmee, Fla., next year.

Of course, Colt’s move may also have more to do with the hostile nature Connecticut has toward businesses, or the largest tax increase in the state’s history that was just imposed in June.

More here.
    Guns International

Angered_Kabar

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Kansas City :(
    That used to be my neck of the woods. Pretty close to the space coast so there is bound to be several competent machinists. Also heard Colt was getting a quarter million tax incentive for setting up shop there.

I think I also read somewhere that they won't be making products that are currently being made in CT. Double action revolvers coming back maybe? Colt said they stopped doing it because it was too labor intensive.

Also I don't think they are gonna jump ship in CT. They are just opening a new factory.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Not as drastic as the hyperbole that redstate.com has laid out. They will be keeping 500 jobs in Connecticut, with the UAW representing those workers.

Yes they are making a move for financial reasons, but not near the political statement that the panic driven websites and news purveyors want you to believe. Those 60+ Jobs will be created over a three year span. Don't worry, we all want to believe that 63 people can do the work of 500 union workers, but in reality Colt will be where it is at, and making their products in Connecticut for a long time.

Not as politically motivated stories on the same event......................
    Journal Inquirer > Business > Union ‘distressed’ by Colt’s plan to open Fla. plant
    Conn. workers worry about jobs in Colt's Fla. move - Florida Wires - MiamiHerald.com
    Conn. workers worry about jobs in Colt's Fla. move - BusinessWeek

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Any move to a free state is a positive one. Union states have screwed this country's economy to the point of collapse and they are still too ignorant to realize THEY are the problem. I hope the 63 Florida jobs are just a start.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    Just the fact that they are opening a plant elsewhere is news. It's like what Boeing is doing (on a much smaller scale). If companies want to expand, it makes more sense to do it in a right to work state.

And the second article in my post wasn't as "right wingy".

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    BernierF350
    Top Bottom