• iibao

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    San Antonio
    Just to let you know, i'm new to guns.
    So I don't have much information.
    Not too bad, I like ours. Cheap to shot. :p
    Ours didn't like the remington golden bullet.

kfog

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Houston
    from the reviews it looks like a great little rifle. if you're looking for just a plinker (or just like the prestige of owning a "colt"). BUT if you're looking for a trainer for your AR, I think the S&W MP15-22 would be a better option. The smith seems to be more true to the AR platform with a working bolt hold open feature that the colt doesn't. It also helps that the smith is a cheaper rifle, so just something to think about.

jaybird

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    Irving, TX
    I saw a S&W 15-22 at gun show yesterday. Was priced aroung $400. A bit cheaper than the Colt which is around $550. Thanks for the opinions.

GlockontheRocks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    McAllen, TX
    For the money the Smith & Wesson is hard to beat. Try to get the new model with birdcage flash hider. It is threaded and later you can apply for a permit and get a can.

sharky47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    My buddy has one - I have shot it a few times and it seems to run fine on Federal bulk .22 - I make a thread adapter for it so that you can put any standard AR muzzle device on it. This includes, but is not limited to - flash hiders, sound suppressors, muzzle brakes, etc.....

Here is a video of my shooting my friends rifle with my adapter and my can on it:

YouTube - Suppressed Colt/Walther M4

Stangfan93

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Houston/Pasadena
    Buddy of mine had one. For a couple days.

He took it back and got something else. He wasn't happy with it.

He said it kept jamming on him and he was un happy. I downloaded the manual and it shows that you have to change the bolt speed fo different types of ammo. Standard and high velocity. He felt that with a brand name like colt he shouldn't have to do that.

There are certain things about the Colt that I personaly do not like.

Oh and it's made by Umarex.

TalonRob

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Houston, TX
    The Colt 22 by Umarex is junk.
    Before you consider buying one, take a look inside.
    The outer "skin" of the receiver is about as thick as a beer can and can tear away. No joke. We got two in the shop and broke them both right out of the box.
    The little S&W may be made of polymer, but so is a Glock!
    On a cheap budget, buy an S&W.
    If quality is more of a consideration than cost, buy a Tactical Solutions upper set it on an existing lower you have, or even buy a new lower. They shoot lights out accuracy and are extremly reliable. I could not be happer with mine.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Compass Lake makes an upper for the AR-15 that uses the military M261 .22 adapter. Instead of taking the adapter and putting the .22 LR bullet through a 1:7 , 1:8 or 1:9 twist barrel, they completely re-do it. The M261 adapter has a .223 shaped forward end which is supposed to chamber in the AR-15 upper. They cut that end off and mate it to a Douglas air gauge barrel with a 1:16 twist that the .22LR really requires. It is extremely accurate and mine works 100%!

The neatest part is that the M261 goofy looking magazines fit right down into an AR-15 magazine so the entire rifle looks, feels, weighs and operates like an AR-15. Under close examination, the forward assist is not functional and the charging handle makes a very short stroke (about 1 1/2"). You use the AR-15 trigger mechanism as in normal operation, the A2 sights and I even had them install a brake at the muzzle end. You absolutely cannot tell it from a functional AR-15 and it is scary accurate!

The cost for this authentic AR-15 in .22LR is about a grand for the upper. It isn't cheap but you get something worth owning and keeping plus, it is very accurate!

Flash

Seabear1500

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Corpus Christi
    I had the Colt, it shot well, hated Rem. Golden. It was a biatch to clean because you can't pull the bolt without "voiding" the warranty. I sold mine after having some fun with it and am looking for the M&P with the bird cage. Was going to get the original model till I learned of the new one.

Top Bottom