• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gringo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2020
    Houston Texas
    So I recently added a Colt M1903 .380 with a barrel bushing to my collection...a rare unit. I already have one in .32acp and one in .38acp. It is a nice used piece but needs a little attention.

This last week I was at the range and it appeared to function fine.......well that was until I noticed the case extractor pin was sticking out of the slide. I found the extractor on the ground.....the spring was never found.....still have the pin but don't think I can reuse it if it won't stay in place.

Ordered new spring from Numrich but the pin was out of stock. Not sure if replacing the solid pin with a roll pin is a good idea. Not sure if using red Loctite is a good idea either. I am open for suggestions. Some have suggested finding a drill bit that is of the right size to make a new pin and cut it down to fit. Others have said to take the existing pin and smack it with a hammer to deform it slightly and put it in with Loctite.

The only other issue I have found is the magazine release will occasionally work its way out of the grip........not all the way but it drops down maybe a 1/4"........I push it back up and it seems to be tight and locks in to place.......then a few magazines later I noticed it had dropped slightly again......???

Any thoughts or recommendations is appreciated.

Gringo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2020
    Houston Texas
    Okay...so here is what I’ve done. I mic’d the pin at .080, gripped it with a pair of needle nose vise grips......one end on my vice and hit the other end with a ballpeen hammer. Now it mic’s at .084. Cleaned everything with alcohol and applied some blue loctite and put it all back. I had to use a punch to drive it in all the way so it is nice and tight. Everything feels good......next step is get to the range and give it a try

Top Bottom