• Lead Belly

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    Concealed carry reciprocity has been established with the following states:
    Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Iowa, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming.

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Should be good to go, and Colorado is also an open-carry state so you'll probably see a couple folk just OC'ing. We came through Colorado during our move to Texas, stayed there for a couple days to visit family in Colorado Springs, and I saw a few people openly carrying handguns even in libby CO Springs.

I'd double check Texas' reciprocity with New Mexico, as NM isn't quite as gun friendly (especially with their current governess) as either Colorado or Texas.

DocBeech

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2023
    Paradise
    This is always your best website for checking: https://www.dps.texas.gov/section/handgun-licensing/state-reciprocity-information
    ColoradoReciprocalEffective December 29, 2004, Texas Governor Rick Perry proclaimed persons with a valid Colorado license to carry a handgun may carry in Texas
    Effective May 17, 2007, the Governor of Colorado signed Senate Bill 34 recognizing handgun permits issued to residents of the issuing state, who are 21 years of age, may carry in Colorado.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    They have a magazine law limiting to 10 rounds. But if you owed the 10+ mag prior to the law being enacted you can use it.

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    I didn't find the law limiting a magazine to 10 rounds, where is it located?

The 15 round limit was argued as Colorado House Bill 13-1224, and then went into effect in July 2013. In October 2023 the Colorado attorney general joined 18 other states in supporting the District of Columbia's effort to ban all magazines capable of holding more than 10 rounds. I wonder if that's where the 10-round thing got associated with Colorado? But to my knowledge, the state still has the (not much better) 15-round limit.

Some of the links on the Colorado Department of Public Safety website regarding state guns laws (https://publicsafety.colorado.gov/colorado-gun-laws) seem screwed up, like pointing to a Google Drive that isn't public, but it doesn't look like there's been any substantive change about magazine capacity since that 2013 law.

Here's the current relevant section of the Colorado Criminal Code, last modified in 2022: https://law.justia.com/codes/colorado/2022/title-18/article-12/part-3/section-18-12-302/.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    While I don't expect an encounter during my trip to CO, I may decide to carry a 1911 and a P938 instead of my usual carry of a Shield Plus. The reciprocity maps I'd checked still show a 15 round limit.

Top Bottom