• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    When SHTF, look like the sheep. A wolf in sheep's clothing!
    DO NOT stand out from the crowd.
    I repeat, I repeat, "Don't stand in a crowd". :D That's the way you deal with that. The key is being ready before the SHTF, so you don't have to stand in a crowd. Of course Im out in the country and that's easy for me to say. Not so easy for folks in the urban areas.

Dead Roman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2019
    Pearland
    d25e4d063622034e689753c4f526f5b4.jpg

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I have put a lot of thought into this and I have the following to share:

Without having military experience my opinion may not matter much. However in a shtf scenario, unless we are wearing thermal blocking clothes, I don’t see the need anymore to get caught up too much with the effectiveness of colors. I will say imo of being a former cerakote applicator I’m a fan of tans and browns. These two colors with your choice of variance works good for all season, minus of course snow being everywhere.

I was big on xcamo when it came out. Works insanely well but fizzled out on the market. I still have mine but just mix up my gear these days. It’s not a fashion statement it’s shtf. Have multicam and tans for other gear. Lately I have been accepting my white trash heritage and mixing mossy oak with muh gear.

If we gear up to the point we expect to fight at closer ranges, why worry about having all this fancy color coordinated gear? Hell if it’s cqb I might just make a cape from a confederate flag.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Id roll with what i already have. Some woodland, tiger stripe, MC & good ol real tree & mossy oak.

I have put a lot of thought into this and I have the following to share:

Without having military experience my opinion may not matter much. However in a shtf scenario, unless we are wearing thermal blocking clothes, I don’t see the need anymore to get caught up too much with the effectiveness of colors. I will say imo of being a former cerakote applicator I’m a fan of tans and browns. These two colors with your choice of variance works good for all season, minus of course snow being everywhere.

I was big on xcamo when it came out. Works insanely well but fizzled out on the market. I still have mine but just mix up my gear these days. It’s not a fashion statement it’s shtf. Have multicam and tans for other gear. Lately I have been accepting my white trash heritage and mixing mossy oak with muh gear.

If we gear up to the point we expect to fight at closer ranges, why worry about having all this fancy color coordinated gear? Hell if it’s cqb I might just make a cape from a confederate flag.

With a coon skin cap?????

Zazonkers

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2021
    Fort Worth
    Although situation and location would always dictate changes to your ensemble, my experience elsewhere in the world of outdoorsy fun, I always thought Italy’s vegetato SOF stuff hid them pretty darn good. I like ATACS and flecktarn also. Who knows...

Top Bottom