zoom.jpg

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    Just had another great experience with Collectors Firearms here in Houston. Went in today just to browse and walked out with a new Glock 43x. I have never been much of a Glock guy myself, but I figured I needed something to carry in the summer since my wardrobe has recently changed. Ended up having to chose between the 43x and the 365xl. Went with the 43x.
    One of the downsides from moving North to Granbury from Galveston is the lose of the monthly trek to Collectors Firearms. Great folks and like going to a sale in a museum!

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    There are some gen 1 Glocks as well as the P80 that are rare and worth quite a bit.
    My sis still uses her M17 Gen 1 as her carry gun. The whole notion that it might be considered rare and worth extra money is, to her, totally silly. To her, it's just the same old tool she's been using for decades.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Collector's Firearms are usually overpriced, but they also usually have what you are looking for.
    I'm perfectly willing to shop at a place that can be described that way...but not Collector's.

Pretty much everyone I ever dealt with at Collector's is probably retired or dead. I should give them another try.

Of course, I've been saying that for years. Every time I get close to stopping in, though, I remember some of the downright evil shenanigans I've seen them pull in the past and I pass them by.

Complete loss of trust is something that's hard to bounce back from. Collector's hasn't bounced back, at least for me.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    My sis still uses her M17 Gen 1 as her carry gun. The whole notion that it might be considered rare and worth extra money is, to her, totally silly. To her, it's just the same old tool she's been using for decades.

I saw Glock talk is a forum. Do we know if @Moonpie runs that forum? :D

Some Glocks are collectible, I wouldn't collect any, but there are.

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    I'm perfectly willing to shop at a place that can be described that way...but not Collector's.

Pretty much everyone I ever dealt with at Collector's is probably retired or dead. I should give them another try.

Of course, I've been saying that for years. Every time I get close to stopping in, though, I remember some of the downright evil shenanigans I've seen them pull in the past and I pass them by.

Complete loss of trust is something that's hard to bounce back from. Collector's hasn't bounced back, at least for me.
    I was going to buy a Marlin 336 JM from them. They said it was a newer model, I checked the serial number, it was made in 1947. I passed.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    My experience with Collector's is mixed.
    Some of the counter commandos in there are okay. Some of them are asswipes. Just like everywhere else.
    I've purchased a few firearms there over the years. They're usually higher than anyone else but they'll actually have the damn thing. Typically long before anywhere else.
    I mean is $50 or $75 really that much if you can't find the fvcking thing anywhere else and you want to get to shooting? Hey I know. Let's drive half way to El Paso to get one. Gasoline is free right?
    Now that said some of their prices are stupid. And you're stupid if you pay that much.
    Yet again where else are you going to find a Red Nine Broomie or an 1812 Springfield musket in all of the Houston metroplex? Academy? BWAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!!!!

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    lol....yes they all look the same..........

But...............

Every time someone say's "you want to see my new Glock ___? Or..."do you want to see my new stipple job on my Glock ___?

I always say yes...............

I've found Glock owners to be somewhat sensitive.......

Zilla

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2019
    DFW
    I made fun of Glock for years until I shot one in the early 90s. I have quite a few now. I picked up a 365XL that has only been dry fired that I will soon put up for sale because I just grabbed a 43X.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    I have owned 3 Glocks in my life. One G30SF, one G19, and one G17. The G30SF was a brick and a half and was traded off quickly. The G19 was traded for the G17. Willy Wonka said it best when Glocks are concerned......
    1633843946892.png

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I owned a Gen 4 G19. It was ok. Once I got the brass extraction issues fixed anyway.

Sold it and haven’t really wanted another one. I like my M&P pistols too much.

Top Bottom