• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I was outside before in my tshirt and shorts. 40 something degrees. Anglo blood craves the cold!

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Post your temps
    Screenshot_20191030-192929_The Weather Channel.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191030-192929_The Weather Channel.jpg
      Screenshot_20191030-192929_The Weather Channel.jpg
      63.2 KB · Views: 413

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    We're in the high 40s right now. I'm just wondering how many trick-or-treaters I'll have during the mid-40s temps that are expected after dark tomorrow. I may have bought too much chocolate.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Turn your lights off and watch a movie.
    No way. I love giving out candy too much.

I give away those huge 7 oz. Hershey bars. The kids count on me to give them the only decent candy bar they'll see all night.

Heck, I've already had a second-generation trick-or-treater. Last year (or the year before?) a young mother showed up with her toddler. She explained to me that she grew up getting those big candy bars from that crazy guy in her neighborhood. When it was time for her new daughter to go trick-or-treating for the first time, she decided to visit her mom in the old neighborhood and take her daughter around to get one of those big candy bars.

Unfortunately, I can't do as well as I used to. Many years ago, those 7 oz. Hershey bars were wrapped in foil with an outer sleeve/label of paper. It was exactly the right size for me to slip a $2 bill in each candy bar. Now, the bars are shrink-wrapped with one layer and I can no longer slide a bill into each bar. That sucks.

Still, the fact remains that every kid in the neighborhood likes coming to my house for Halloween. I won't throw away that tradition until something weird makes it impossible for me continue.

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    No way. I love giving out candy too much.

I give away those huge 7 oz. Hershey bars. The kids count on me to give them the only decent candy bar they'll see all night.

Heck, I've already had a second-generation trick-or-treater. Last year (or the year before?) a young mother showed up with her toddler. She explained to me that she grew up getting those big candy bars from that crazy guy in her neighborhood. When it was time for her new daughter to go trick-or-treating for the first time, she decided to visit her mom in the old neighborhood and take her daughter around to get one of those big candy bars.

Unfortunately, I can't do as well as I used to. Many years ago, those 7 oz. Hershey bars were wrapped in foil with an outer sleeve/label of paper. It was exactly the right size for me to slip a $2 bill in each candy bar. Now, the bars are shrink-wrapped with one layer and I can no longer slide a bill into each bar. That sucks.

Still, the fact remains that every kid in the neighborhood likes coming to my house for Halloween. I won't throw away that tradition until something weird makes it impossible for me continue.

Man, that's awesome. Folks obviously remember that and appreciate it. I remember a family like that in the neighborhood I grew up in.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Supposed to be in the low 30s/upper 20s here the next couple of nights for the low. I never remember a Halloween being this chilly going back to my childhood. Must have been fewer cow farts in the last year.
    No. AOC moved a bit further east. That warm air windbag went far enough to allow normal air fill in behind her.

In all seriousness, and in an ode to Halloween of our youth let me take you back to days gone bye and say...
    "Its colder that a witches tit in an iron bra"

Top Bottom