• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Here's a tip I learned from someone many years ago if you use a thermos to carry coffee in when you leave the house.

If you fill up the thermos with really hot water and let it sit for a little while before filling it with coffee, the coffee will stay hotter for a longer period of time.

Either use the hot water from your kitchen faucet, or use the microwave to heat up water to pour into the thermos.

I have done this for many years now, and had hot coffee from my thermos up into the late afternoon.
    I do that when I carry food in a thermos. Keeps soup and chili warm for quite a while....

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk
    Target Sports

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Here's a tip I learned from someone many years ago if you use a thermos to carry coffee in when you leave the house.

If you fill up the thermos with really hot water and let it sit for a little while before filling it with coffee, the coffee will stay hotter for a longer period of time.

Either use the hot water from your kitchen faucet, or use the microwave to heat up water to pour into the thermos.

I have done this for many years now, and had hot coffee from my thermos up into the late afternoon.
    I thought that was general knowledge.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I have no idea. I have shared this tip with many people over the years that had never known it. I didn't know about it before I was told about it.
    I don't carry a thermos much anymore since I have a coffee maker in my office, but I used to always carry one at most my jobs. I had been doing that since the 70's. If I remember rightly, Thermos used to recommend that on the box it came in.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I don't carry a thermos much anymore since I have a coffee maker in my office, but I used to always carry one at most my jobs. I had been doing that since the 70's. If I remember rightly, Thermos used to recommend that on the box it came in.
    I can't recall that I have ever bought a new thermos. Most of mine have come from garage sales or were safety awards.

BigTexasOne

Support gun control! Hit what you aim at!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2016
    Springtown
    I thought that was general knowledge.
    It's kind of like "common courtesy" and "common sense", they're neither! There is no "common" anything in our society because of division and derision, and there's no sense in our society thanks to lowering standards to make people feel good about being stupid.

Just my opinion!

bigtex10mm

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2021
    Fayette Co.
    I love just good plain coffee. My daughter in law gave me a $25 gift card to Starbucks for my birthday two years ago. I regifted it to a buddies wife who is a big time yuppie and loves the place. The best gift I was ever given was a Keurig Coffee Maker. I have always loved Folgers and they make the K-Pods for the Keurig. My wife buys the pods in bulk from Amazon when they are on sale. 1 cup of delicious Folgers costs about $.21 per cup. When traveling I always take a couple of the pods with me as most hotels have the Keurig machines as well.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    It's kind of like "common courtesy" and "common sense", they're neither! There is no "common" anything in our society because of division and derision, and there's no sense in our society thanks to lowering standards to make people feel good about being stupid.

Just my opinion!
    Okay, common knowledge was actually a thing at one time, same as common courtesy and common sense. Division and derision was planned out, and it started within the schools. Love of country and love of society are no longer taught.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Tried to quit coffee for a while…that didn’t last long LOL

Donut Shop Keurig cups for us, in these fancy double-wall glasses Santa brought

c870b271fec58d0db8f2e83d3178862c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PhulesAu

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Texas, Mostly

It's called tempering.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston

Slightly off topic here, but following the same thought process.... Do the same with an ice chest, but with ice or chilled water prior to using. I found that out while researching for a new cooler. Yes, I’m one of those nerds who research even the most mundane items before buying....

Top Bottom