• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I like coffee. Nothing too fancy, and I wouldn't be caught dead in a Starbucks!

I like to keep it simple too. I generally buy my coffee at the dollar store! I also like the coffee and chicory blends, because of the stronger flavor. Plus it goes much further.

Even my coffee preparations are pretty simple. I had to buy a new coffeemaker last year, after my twenty year old Mr. Coffee up and died on me. Got my money's worth out of that one!

But I wouldn't mind venturing into trying out some new blends. Open to suggestions.
    Military Camp

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    After Starbucks went “no guns”, I never went back. Besides, I also drink my coffee black and theirs tastes like muddy (I guess that’s redundant) Mississippi River water. I did, however, like the idea of giving them the name “Trump” to call out, when your order is ready! Thought I’d try that IF I ever found myself back in one of their shops.

I think Chicory is somewhat of an acquired taste - I don’t mind it. But then again, I like pepper!
    (It was a main coffee substitute for the South, during the Civil War due to the embargo imposed by the federals).

Generally, if it’s hot and fully leaded (caffeine) I can find it acceptable. However, given the choice between the two major national brands, Maxwell House and Folgers, I’m more a Folgers kinda guy. I always struggle with the decision between price and taste - especially with the more “exotic” blends that are available nowadays.

Last edited:

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    I was trying to recall the coffee I got down in New Orleans one time. I Google’d and found a picture of it - it’s got Chicory in it. Not bad, if ya like Chicory.
    b404417f5f6b15331bfaf3bf2687d513.jpg

Attachments

• b404417f5f6b15331bfaf3bf2687d513.jpg
      b404417f5f6b15331bfaf3bf2687d513.jpg
      34.6 KB · Views: 556

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Generally I don't drink more than two cups so I just use my Aeropress

A coworker poured me a cup of coffee from an Aeropress and I was impressed. I have been thinking of picking one up.

We typically drink Kirkland brand k-cups but when I grind coffee, we have some 100% Kona coffee from a friend's coffee farm in Hawaii. That stuff is so good.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Reserve this for cà phê đá!

Ya gona have to put that in English for me! Now that I see you can order it on Amazon, I’ll probably ‘re-up’ on it. It’s a tidbit expensive but still not as bad as that foreign monkey excrement produced coffee beans.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Ya gona have to put that in English for me! Now that I see you can order it on Amazon, I’ll probably ‘re-up’ on it. It’s a tidbit expensive but still not as bad as that foreign monkey excrement produced coffee beans.
    Vietnamese Iced Coffee= about 3 time the coffee & chickory with sweetened condensed milk over ice. 2 will make your eyes bounce.

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    A coworker poured me a cup of coffee from an Aeropress and I was impressed. I have been thinking of picking one up.

We typically drink Kirkland brand k-cups but when I grind coffee, we have some 100% Kona coffee from a friend's coffee farm in Hawaii. That stuff is so good.
    If you don't drink a whole lot of coffee, it's a superb way to make a coffee. They're inexpensive and can make a cup of coffee close to the strength of an espresso. It has quite a bit of versatility, downside is you need to find how you like your coffee and do it exactly the same way each time. Takes a bit more time and work than just using drip machine or kurig, but offers a significantly better cup of coffee.

Top Bottom