• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    Cody Wilson took a plea, 7 years probation and will be a registered sex offender.

It sucks that this guy got caught up the way he did but at least his ideas got put out there so others can continue them.

I got a small laugh at the picture, I thought the guy in the center of the frame was him. I thought maybe he decided to workout and grow a better beard so he could look tougher in prison.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy...sser-charges-will-register-as-a-sex-offender/
    ARJ Defense ad

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    SugarDaddyMeet.com
    You mean there are underage girls checking the checkbox, attesting they’re over 18 yo? Really? Who would’ve thunk it?

....apparently not Cody Wilson! (Jest sayin’...)

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Never understood the draw to the really young girl. Although, I have seen some 15 year olds that looked 25. Hazards of the world we live in I suppose.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    ac16fc86a6213db3ff5bf993ddd1dbeb.jpg

Attachments

• ac16fc86a6213db3ff5bf993ddd1dbeb.jpg
      ac16fc86a6213db3ff5bf993ddd1dbeb.jpg
      14.8 KB · Views: 335
    Last edited:

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    That's a big problem with the laws as they are written. It is strict liability.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

WAYnorthTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2019
    Way Up North
    I still wonder if he was setup
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They probably at least entrapped him, considering the way the media and politicians went totally Bat$h#t Crazy when they heard that a gun could be made by anyone with an inexpensive 3-D printer. New Jersey went so far as to make distribution of the files a crime.

OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy...sser-charges-will-register-as-a-sex-offender/

I think the government got what it really wanted out of this. Apparently as part of the deal he is consenting to the government keylogging/remote monitoring any of his electronic devices. Basically anyone working on anything noteworthy will avoid communicating or working with him until this is over and probably after that too.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia

This is the guy behind Defense Distributed - the file sharing organization that shares 3D printable guns. The "lolberts" - the hardcore libertarians - and a bunch of other 2A activists are celebrating this guy and defending him and his actions - dude pleaded down his child sex abuse charges to 3rd degree felony injury of a child.

He was arrested because he hired a hooker who turned out to be 16 - met her in Austin at a coffee shop, took her to the hotel for the dirty deed, took her to Whataburger, gave her $500 and then split. I guess he was going for the "girlfriend experience" or something.

Thing is - his 16 year old hooker then called the cops and pushed sex abuse charges. Dude was arrested in Taiwan - depending on the rag you read some say he was fleeing the country because he knew of the charges, others just said he was traveling internationally. The guy is a UT law school drop out. He knew what he was doing. His defense was he didn't know she was under 17 because he met her thru a website called SugarDaddyMeet.com which requires users to check a box stating they're 18 or older. We all know no one lies about their age to get on sites they're not supposed to be on, right?

So as part of his plea deal - he has to register as a sex offender, he got 7 years of probation - but the state considers his case to be "deferred" so long as he fulfills his obligations during his probation - so under Texas law he's not prohibited from owning firearms. He can't carry anymore, he is a federally prohibited person - but it seems he's still good to go under TX law.

The whole mess is it seems that one of the articles I read has a little ring of truth - they let him plead sexual assault charges down to just "injury of a child" - and people accuse Travis County of being lenient on sex offenders. I get creeper vibes from the guy, and unless this girl is just super developed, super tarted up, and homeboy wasn't looking all that closely at her face and other cues teenagers will give off - he should've suspected she wasn't legal. The whole "but the website makes you say you're 18" - yeah. McLovin's ID said he was 21 as well. Maybe she was just a really mature 16 year old. This mess happened in 2019 - so she'll be 19 this year. They shouldn't be "deferring" convictions - enter the conviction as it stands, make them complete the sentence, then seek expungement. I generally don't have a problem restoring the gun rights of felons - but if you're on probation/parole I'm OK with not having access to weapons as part of those conditions. Serve the sentence, then get restored.

The charges being brought in the first place smack to me of mom & dad finding out what happened, or seller's remorse - but the line between "legal" and "under age" needs to be firm. Texas already has a lower-than-average age of consent for the US. Doesn't need to go lower. "But she said she was 18" is the war cry of perverts everywhere. I don't have sympathy for child-diddlers, even when the "child" is a teenager who can give their consent - legally, she cannot consent. Ignorance of the law isn't an excuse - and ignorance of proper age when it comes to banging a minor shouldn't be. Dudes should be thinking harder with the big brain when dealing with young girls. To quote Chris Rock "If a woman tells you she's twenty and looks sixteen, she's twelve. If she tells you she's twenty-six and looks twenty-six, she's damn near forty" - dude would've saved himself a lot of money and not eaten a felony if he was hunting cougar, not kitten.

Top Bottom