APOD Firearms

Cobra on the loose in Grand Prairie. Not the ford kind.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Theres a reddit for that.

Moonpie told me.

PSA..what ever you do, you meaning anyone reading this and not anyone specific, dont Google bad dragon.

Moonpie says theres a reddit for that too.

There’s also lots of vids where they are tested…for quality purposes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Damn. Now my feelings are really hurt.
    Hey if you beg really hard they might let you hit a report button or something. Now that I answered your question though how about you answer mine. How many times have you told a member that they should go find another forum? Don't lie.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Have a nice day Trey. I'm tiring of playing mental gymnastics with you. This dialogue is serving no purpose in the least.

Fine. You win dude. You're the grand champion of the forum and the best member here. You are perfect and do no wrong.
    Does this mean I get my 114th trophy?

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Did you read the comments to your linked article? I really doubt the 2yo shot his father multiple times, but he makes a really good scapegoat...
    Are the comments news, are they fact, are they evidence? What is your point - is it that the peanut gallery is full of experts? Maybe someone else did kill him and they are using the child as a way to get out of a murder rap. Then again, maybe not but since you seem to think so, maybe you should click on the below links and read the articles. They may help you see my point about the responsibility that goes with keeping dangerous things whether they are guns or serpents or whatever:

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/na...cidentally-shoots-article-1.3480360?cid=bitly

https://dreamindemon.com/community/...shopped-in-a-colorado-weed-dispensary.124637/

https://www.newsweek.com/boy-4-shoots-toddler-brother-dead-using-father-unlocked-gun-police-1616471

https://connecticut.news12.com/police-arrest-father-of-8-year-old-boy-who-shot-himself-in-the-head

I do not think there are any scapegoats in those instances of morons leaving guns around that were accessible to children.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    Considering how many "harmless" non-native species are now running loose in parts of Florida - not to mention other states - we do need more restrictions on venomous snakes, pythons, etc.

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Considering how many "harmless" non-native species are now running loose in parts of Florida - not to mention other states - we do need more restrictions on venomous snakes, pythons, etc.

Just like with guns, there ARE restrictions on non native exotic species. For example, every year I have to get a permit, similar to a hunting or fishing license, since I keep non native constrictors over a certain length (can’t remember the exact length off the top of my head). Problem is, it’s almost never enforced. In fact I’m guessing most people that keep these animals aren’t even aware that the permit is required, or how to get it (you can get it just like a hunting or fishing license at Walmart or Academy) It’s not required to show proof you have it when you buy an animal, but you are required to purchase it within 30 days. Mine is up at the end of August in fact. I just go online, log in, give them my credit card number, and it’s renewed. Unlike Florida, none of these animals could survive in Texas.

Edit: If you breed any of these animals, you are also required to get a separate permit.

Reactions: gll

KJQ6945

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Ben Wheeler
    An interesting little piece of information.
    Most people believe that the python explosion in the Everglades was due to irresponsible snake owners releasing shakes into the wild. Why? Because that is the narrative that has been pushed by the leftist media. The media always has an agenda. We, as gun owners see it regularly, within our realm of experience, but fail to to see the same thing about things we don’t understand.
    Were snakes released by snake owners? With out a doubt. Is that why the Everglades is now infested? No.

In August 1992, hurricane Andrew wiped out a rather large breeding facility for Burmese Pythons, in Homestead, Fl It was estimated that thousands of juvenile snakes were released.

A google search today will blame snake owners, but might mention the Andrew event. 19 years ago, there were all kinds of stories about it, and the impending disaster. Now, not so much, they’ve been purged. I wonder why....
    For those that doubt this, ask yourself this. Why aren’t the Everglades overrun with Boa Constictors? They were way more common in the pet trade than Burmese Pythons.

The Iguana problem, probably the pet owners who let them roam freely in their backyards.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Just like with guns, there ARE restrictions on non native exotic species. For example, every year I have to get a permit, similar to a hunting or fishing license, since I keep non native constrictors over a certain length (can’t remember the exact length off the top of my head). Problem is, it’s almost never enforced. In fact I’m guessing most people that keep these animals aren’t even aware that the permit is required, or how to get it (you can get it just like a hunting or fishing license at Walmart or Academy) It’s not required to show proof you have it when you buy an animal, but you are required to purchase it within 30 days. Mine is up at the end of August in fact. I just go online, log in, give them my credit card number, and it’s renewed. Unlike Florida, none of these animals could survive in Texas.

Edit: If you breed any of these animals, you are also required to get a separate permit.

There are more tigers in captivity in Texas than there are in the wild in the rest of the world.

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    There are more tigers in captivity in Texas than there are in the wild in the rest of the world.

I had heard that stat before. Not sure if it’s more troubling that so few are left in the wild, or that there are so many in Texas!

Top Bottom