• ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    ignore their bullshit and go about your business

That works up till storm ninjas from out of state or the feebs come to collect you, or seize your bank accounts, etc - legal or not. Like the pastor in Indiana who builds licensed Batmobiles who got raided by a California sheriff and arrested, because sheriff's buddy threw a tantrum because he got bumped to the bottom of the list after missing a payment on his vehicle to be built.

• Wow
    Reactions: Eli

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    CivWar 2.0 should have started right there. They need to stay in their own damn state.

Oh I agree there. A grand jury refused to indict in Indiana, and a Cali court even had found prior to this raid that the correct venue was in Indiana. Sheriff sent investigators across country, arrested the car builder, seized a vehicle to be built, they froze his bank accounts - it launched an ethics investigation into the sheriff and has been the subject of a local news agency's ongoing coverage. The simple fact that law / law enforcement can be brought to bear, legally or not, against someone in another state or country is outlandish.

• Wow
    Reactions: Eli

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana Area
    Your bet would be wrong.
    When I updated my profile and email preferences on the CMP site, just last night, it did not ask for my DOB nor my residence address and I received an email from the CMP today acknowledging my updates. It seems odd, that if they actually have sent out an email to some subscribers that says they require that California's rules apply to all CMP email subscribers, they did not require my address nor my date of birth as per those rules.

If you'd like to see what they require as far as email subscribers' info goes, you can go to this link or you can go to their website and click on the Join Our Email List just a bit under the very top of the page. They do not ask for the required information in the supposed bonafide email you received from them.

Of course, that all could be so new they have not had a chance to note it on their website but instead felt it imperative to send out an email notification only to certain of their email subscribers and not all of them. Anywy, I sent them an inquiry about it. When and if they answer it, I'll post about it here.

Last edited:

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    …If you'd like to see what they require as far as email subscribers' info goes, you can go to visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?llr=hdcyvofab&p=oi&m=1105372907623&sit=d6vk965fb&f=2952bb50-c9f2-4890-a5e3-632cea645928

If you’d have followed this thread from the beginning, you would have known all that already.

The original email was not a hoax or scam. The followup from CMP clarified it was a mistake to be sent as they don’t require that information. Images of the content of both emails are up thread.

Had you received the original email and clicked the link, you would’ve been taken to the same constantcontact page you linked. It was truly a case of somebody made a mistake and was easily verified as an authentic CMP email with a quick glance at the header information.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana Area
    If you’d have followed this thread from the beginning, you would have known all that already.

The original email was not a hoax or scam. The followup from CMP clarified it was a mistake to be sent as they don’t require that information. Images of the content of both emails are up thread.

Had you received the original email and clicked the link, you would’ve been taken to the same constantcontact page you linked. It was truly a case of somebody made a mistake and was easily verified as an authentic CMP email with a quick glance at the header information.
    I did see the content. It still looked bogus even though it is legit. According to CMP they now need state of residence. Funny they did not send this to at least halfva dozen folkscIbchecked with nor did I receive it.

As for, me clicking on a link in an unsolicited email asking for my personal info, unlikely if ever will that happen. I loke to verify with the supposed source. Just being careful with links and with my info.

I wonder how long it will be before CA is sued over this as a free speech violation, if ever.

Top Bottom