• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    I went to Clear Creek gun range this Sat. It was the second time I have been there. I prepared my handguns as I normally do when going into a range. Gun in range Bag no Magazine in empty barrel . Sign at door Stated ALL Weapons must be locked back/open before entering Range Shed. They had a table directly outside so I opened range bag and complied. Went in range shack talked with counter man a bit he was a nice guy. My friend and I paid fees went out to pistol Range.

The Rules are posted on wall outside of the Range Shack. I glanced over them nothing out of the ordinary for a public range.We went to Pistol range . While we waited for cease fire we loaded our magazines. A five minute warning was given before cease fire. I liked that. You Had to step off Cement during cease fire. RSO's were polite and amiable no shouting or yelling talked in a calm voice. One person was shooting an AR Rapid Fire (1 shot per second rule was posted). Range officer came down to his lane and spoke with him again no yelling or flipping out. On way out I was carrying my range bag out during cease fire I had weapons Locked back because I was going back into range shed. RSO stated no handling of weapons during cease fire so I put my bag down on table and waited. Again no yelling. This was a misunderstanding on my part because RSO said when cease fire was about to begin if you are leaving the range please get your weapons off firing line now. It wasn't very crowded had a good time I would definately go back again.

I also got a John Wayne tin poster from the Gift cabinet because they were half price.
    Guns International

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    Not it is actually in League City , near Kemah Boardwalk off 96. I was visiting friends down there. He wanted to Take his new Jiminez Ja 9 out to shoot. Only one FTF in a hundred rounds and he said that one might have went in the magazine wrong.

mortdooley

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Whenever I see glowing reviews of Clear Creek Gun Range I think either you haven't been there enough yet or you are associated with it. Personally I have never been too badly insulted but I have seen others treated horribly. Since you live in Katy why would you travel this far to shoot? If you come this far you should visit the Arms Room at I-45 and FM646, they have a nice clean indoor range with polite employees.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    I was visiting a friend who lives right around the corner. He picked the range . Trust me I am not associated with this range. After reading other threads I was expecting to be mistreated. This is why I wrote the review. As I stated I have been there twice. If that is the choice of range next time I am down there I will go, as I haven't been mistreated.

cajunautoxer

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    Houston
    I've been there a couple of time now and have had no problems. The old man can be a dick but other than that no issues. Now I only go on a work day in the morning so a crowd isn't an issue

keith_tx

Bit and Byte Wrangler
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2012
    League City
    This range has gotten a pretty bad rap pretty much anywhere you search for it on the web and look at comments. I went there twice in the last week (my first time) and enjoyed it. Everyone was friendly and helpful, both inside the office and on the range. I live a mile from it and I hear people shooting all hours of the day and even after sundown so somebody must like it.

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    I use to go there on a regular basis, back in the 80's & 90"s. Never had any problems. I looked up the address about 5 years ago, just to make sure it was still there, and noticed all the bad reviews. When I went there, I still didn't have any problems. Of course, it's always been to site in a rifle and I'm usually done in less than an hour, so maybe I'm not there long enough to see all the rude stuff I keep reading. Just my $.02

Mavrik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Humble, TX
    It's been years ago, but I never had any problems at Clear Creek. A couple of us used to go there before deer season with our unlimited IMSHA pistols and out shoot all the mighty deer hunters at 100 yards. Used to be a good place to buy reloading supplies. Wish it was a little closer to Humble.

madhatter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    San Leon
    I live in San Leon and have frequented Clear Creek Range... it's a hit and miss place. Won't go there for pistol shooting at all, I'd rather drive a bit further up the road to the Arms Room. Rifle is O.K. but you can't take a rifle case and I've experienced having to take pistols out of the range bag even after following empty/locked open before entering the office area. After a couple of different folks in the "front office" that don't seem to have a consistent set of rules, I just won't spend my money there for pistol shooting at all. My visits have always been during the week at various times of the day... if you can't be consistent with the rules, well there ya have it.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Welcome madhatter, ate at Noah's Ark yesterday, and enjoyed some of San Leon's finest rum last night. Cool little town you live in.

You should be going to Texas Cities Municipal gun range, we like it and they are very consistent with the rules.

However, I just hate paying the per gun charge that a lot of these places are going to. When I go to the range, I want to take a half dozen or so guns and it's getting harder and harder to find a place that will not ass rape you in charges for that.

Top Bottom