• ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    What is a typical rate charge for doing a class III transfer for an individual?

To clarify, if I purchase a can online & have it sent to a Class III dealer, what could I expect
    to pay for their services?

Any Houston area Class III dealers care to post your fee?

TIA,

- Cam
    Gun Zone Deals

jt526

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2009
    Richardson
    Other than my very first one, which I overpaid for, I've found good reliable dealers that have all been $50 in FL and TX. You can look at gunbroker.com, click on buyer, then click on FFL search, and look for shops that say they handle class 3. For $50 bucks though, I don't expect any hand holding. I fill out all my own forms, I don't call the FFL to go visit my new toy, or try to schedule a shoot with the ffl or anything like that. I did find one houston one that popped up with transfer fees of $100.

Texas_Archer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    I pay $100 to Class 3 Weapons in Houston. Yes, that is more than most, however considering the fact that wait times are currently 4-6 months, I would rather have someone insured to keep my item in their safe while I wait, not to mention that it is a storefront and more than 1 person can do the transfer. If you go with someone that does it out of their "home office" what happens if they are broken into and the item stolen? Do you think it will be completly insured? What if, heaven forbid, the person is hurt/killed in a car wreck, who will handle the transfer then? I consider that $50 extra just a little more insurance money.

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    We do them at Spectre, I will get you the rates, as we have a transfer rate and a purchase rate. I will post them up later today.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Guess I should check the post dates, huh? Glad to have you in the shop Cam....

Not a problem at all....
    I missed you by a little bit the day I was in to buy the G22 after asking you for pricing.

I have actually bought three guns there since then, lol....

TalonRob

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Houston, TX
    We charge $80 for a transfer from another dealer. We charge $0 if you buy it from us!

We stock AAC, Gemtech, SWR, Tactical Solutions and Yanke Hill

Top Bottom