Hurley's Gold

Chris Costa hanging out with... James Yeager? There goes my respect for Costa.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Dude.. Chris Costa is one of the biggest whores in the industry.. I mean for **** sake, people paid 2900 bucks for a 2100 dollar rifle just because it was cerakoted (worth a couple hundred tops) and had a "Costa Ludus" logo.... The guy was in the fucking coast guard, how did he ever get to be such a big deal??

Yeager has a huge following. He was taking a Costa class when they shot this video.... Costa will continue to get free shit from everyone in the industry for whatever reason and continue to have full classes.

Wasn't he president of Magpul? That's probably why.

Like I said earlier, he's a great business man. Hell, you can buy an action figure of him now for over $100. His following is absolutely ridiculous, and will literally buy anything he tells them to - but he's also brought a lot of people into shooting it seems like, so it's not bad.
    DK Firearms

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    People hate Yeager because he's stupid.

People hate Costa because he's good at selling shit. He puts his name on it, and it's expensive. Hell they sold out instantly today of some new drop-leg holster thing that he's been running lately, and they charged over $100 for it. People are lining up already to get the next release of it.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    551654_406387749421114_1994713983_n.jpg

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    So who's the bad guy?
    I never heard of either one.
    Seems like both are getting bagged on.

Yeager is pretty much everything wrong with the training industry. Huge ego, shitty attitude. Neither of them earned... His company is in the habit of putting photographers down range next to the targets during pistol classes. During live fire. There's no reason to take the risk. One video of that became infamous, and you can see that the students aren't really up to speed with their manipulations yet. But Yeager went around telling people what morons they were, and trying to claim some kind of point to putting a live person on the other end of gunfire for a fairly basic class.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    As much as I may dislike Yeager, he's also friends with some guy at wilson combat and took a tour there. Y'all gonna stop liking those too lol?

[video=youtube;2iS2OIykIMo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iS2OIykIMo&list=UUJimfyIOFM3Yaot_V8bFLPQ& index=13&feature=plcp[/video]

txgunner00

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    Leander, Texas

Like I said earlier, he's a great business man. Hell, you can buy an action figure of him now for over $100. His following is absolutely ridiculous, and will literally buy anything he tells them to - but he's also brought a lot of people into shooting it seems like, so it's not bad.

Good business man + he can do the stuff he teaches very well and look like a badass while doing it. Perfect combination for attracting wanabes and the modern warfare generation.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Hahaha, this is too funny. Have you seen the video where he says hes going to the shot show this year and he dares anyone to call him a coward to his face so he can break their back? Lol, too dam funny..

Funny, I heard that he didn't say jack shit when Kyle Defoor told him at Shotshow straight to his face that he was just a security guard in Iraq. ;) Frankly, I'm sick and tired of hearing from people in this industry how "badass" they are. That's why I tend to stick to learning from and following many former military special operations folks (typically the SMU types), and some pro competition shooters that are the best at what they do. People that are truly that good usually don't have a tolerance for BS and are all about pure, unadulterated performance, however I have also found more often than not that they are humble, and enjoyable people to be around.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    As much as I may dislike Yeager, he's also friends with some guy at wilson combat and took a tour there. Y'all gonna stop liking those too lol?

I just skipped through the video, but he was being a bit of a dickhead it seemed like. Also, for someone who claims the 1911 sucks, I'm curious as to why he's at WC.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I just skipped through the video, but he was being a bit of a dickhead it seemed like. Also, for someone who claims the 1911 sucks, I'm curious as to why he's at WC.

Basically he said "1911's suck... Except for Wilson combat."

I'm sure the jackass only said it to be nice to Wilson for giving him the privilege to take a tour.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Basically he said "1911's suck... Except for Wilson combat."

I'm sure the jackass only said it to be nice to Wilson for giving him the privilege to take a tour.

He also said something along the lines of, typical AR15s can keep going between classes and don't need to be cleaned as often - but if you have a Wilson Combat AR15, you might want to clean it on a break in your class.

Ah.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    The guy was in the fucking coast guard, how did he ever get to be such a big deal??
    I've never met Costa, but from what I've gathered from videos is that he's got a good sense of humor and just has an all around likable personality. Combine that with being a competent businessman and it's a recipe for success.

Yeager in contrast is an unlikeable blow hard. I think some people just like abuse, and they are the ones drawn to him.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I've never met Costa, but from what I've gathered from videos is that he's got a good sense of humor and just has an all around likable personality. Combine that with being a competent businessman and it's a recipe for success.

Yeager in contrast is an unlikeable blow hard. I think some people just like abuse, and they are the ones drawn to him.

Costa just has that over all look and attitude of someone you may want to emulate. Yeager on the otherhand... not so much.

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX

I don't think he was president of Magpul. That was Travis Haley from my understanding. The two of them started Magpul Dynamics together though.

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    I'm fairly certain he was, but Travis Haley left first.

Chris Costa is leaving Magpul Dynamics | Military Times GearScout

He was President of Magpul Dynamics, not Magpul..... I believe that Haley was actually an executive at Magpul Corp when they created Magpul Dynamics, the subsidiary company that provides training services.

His affiliation with Magpul Dynamics surely did help his fame though, considering how many of those freaking DVD's have been sold.

EDIT:: I stand corrected, Costa came before Haley, but neither appear to have been high up in the parent company, Magpul.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Well their status with Magpul Dynamics would explain their success individually regardless.

From what it looks like to me, Chris Costa is a bit more focused on pushing gear than Travis Haley is. I'm not really a "nut swinger", but I do like Travis Haley.

OIF2

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hill Country
    Funny, I heard that he didn't say jack shit when Kyle Defoor told him at Shotshow straight to his face that he was just a security guard in Iraq. ;) Frankly, I'm sick and tired of hearing from people in this industry how "badass" they are. That's why I tend to stick to learning from and following many former military special operations folks (typically the SMU types), and some pro competition shooters that are the best at what they do. People that are truly that good usually don't have a tolerance for BS and are all about pure, unadulterated performance, however I have also found more often than not that they are humble, and enjoyable people to be around.

So true.
    Bob

Top Bottom