• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • V8Nate

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2019
    San Antonio
    I recently moved here from CT and just applied for my Texas CHL. I am a Veteran and submitted a copy of my DD214. Does that satisfy my CHL training or am I still required to take the course? I thought I read somewhere before that I am exempt from the training, but after submitting the application I am a bit confused. Thanks.
    Guns International

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    When did you separate? House Bill 3784, which went into effect on 1 September, 2017, changed the requirement for active duty, veterans and Texas Military Forces to provide their military range qualification scores from the preceding 5 years to the preceding 10 years in place of the range instruction part of the handgun proficiency course. These applicants may provide the department with any passing military firearm range scores (Source).

Oh, and the term CHL is outdated, it's now a License To Carry, or LTC...

Cheers! M2

tonyt79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2017
    Lavon
    Even when I was on active duty, I had to take the class but provided a pistol qualifying letter or range card. Can’t remember how it worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    If you submit your DD214, you will get a discount on the cost of the license. You still need to complete a course and get finger printed. Once you've done that, everything else can be done online. Here is where to start and will guide you through every step.

https://txapps.texas.gov/txapp/txdp...szOU!1009302911!823367473?errorReason=session

You need to submit an application before you submit any supporting paperwork.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

Kyle L

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2019
    McKinney
    I recently moved here from CT and just applied for my Texas CHL. I am a Veteran and submitted a copy of my DD214. Does that satisfy my CHL training or am I still required to take the course? I thought I read somewhere before that I am exempt from the training, but after submitting the application I am a bit confused. Thanks.
    the LTC class is very easy and informative on the Texas laws pertaining to the 51%, 30.06, and 30.07 signs

Top Bottom