• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    So I responded to another thread here about stocking up ahead of the election. I figured buy now while it's there. I read months ago about China ceasing exportation of gun cotton to the US and Europe. Also observed a steady rise in the price per pound of several great powders. Luckily I'm stacked deep and bought most of what I have a decade ago.

Just wondering if any industry insiders can confirm what I think is coming. I heard Alliant isn't shipping anything and I know RE15 is the top choice for the MK118 Rd. If nitrocellulose is truly in short supply how long is the lag before it hits the civilian market. Ammo seems to be reasonable right now and maybe that's why it's not flying off the shelves yet but I'm thinking about a year out, it's going to hit like a ton of bricks.

Open to comments, opinions and hopefully some insight from our commercial reloaders here.

alternative

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2023
    Texas
    So I responded to another thread here about stocking up ahead of the election. I figured buy now while it's there. I read months ago about China ceasing exportation of gun cotton to the US and Europe. Also observed a steady rise in the price per pound of several great powders. Luckily I'm stacked deep and bought most of what I have a decade ago.

Just wondering if any industry insiders can confirm what I think is coming. I heard Alliant isn't shipping anything and I know RE15 is the top choice for the MK118 Rd. If nitrocellulose is truly in short supply how long is the lag before it hits the civilian market. Ammo seems to be reasonable right now and maybe that's why it's not flying off the shelves yet but I'm thinking about a year out, it's going to hit like a ton of bricks.

Open to comments, opinions and hopefully some insight from our commercial reloaders here.
    I heard it takes 25# of powder per 155 shell.

Rusty Gun

brass picker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Gulf coast
    Like you I stocked up during the last administration when things were cheap and plentiful. I added a comment so I can see the rest of the responses.

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    you say MK 118 - The only MK 118 I know is the Mk118 HEAT released from the MK 20 Rockeye cluster bomb. Did you mean M 118 Long Range (LR) 7.62 X 51mm round? That uses depending on year of manufacture. WC 750 or more recently IMR 4064 or Re15.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    That's why I bought a few jugs of Reloader 15...

Smart move. I've got 1.5 lbs of it and that's all. I did recently get 24lbs of FSP-749. Russian surplus powder from the guy who was arrested a while back for unlicensed explosives. Lol. I didn't buy from him personally but I was wondering why it dried up. It loads more like IMR3031 than RE15 but it's showing some promise. First time loading blind but I worked up and think it's viable at around 38-39gr.

It is the M118 I was referring to.

Top Bottom