China flu!

CodyK

Sep 5, 2019
Houston
Anyone else on here go through it? Several guys at work got tested and turned up positive, so I decided I better get tested. I had to wait 3 days for the results, and I knew before I even got them back I had something. Started feeling feverish, run down, headache, and I couldn’t taste my food! Of course I tested positive. On my second day now, and I’m wondering what kind of fun I can look forward to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kbaxter60

Lesser Being
Jan 23, 2019
Pipe Creek
Anyone else on here go through it? Several guys at work got tested and turned up positive, so I decided I better get tested. I had to wait 3 days for the results, and I knew before I even got them back I had something. Started feeling feverish, run down, headache, and I couldn’t taste my food! Of course I tested positive. On my second day now, and I’m wondering what kind of fun I can look forward to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The wife and I each had it in November. Worst for me was the aches. When I flexed my fingers, I could feel every single muscle. She has MS and it would just not let go. It finaly took prednisone and HCQ and then she got better.

GP40X

Jan 1, 2021
League City, TX
It really depends. I jave every comobidity known and was sure that if I got it, it was going to kill me. I lost smell and ran a low grade fever for about two weeks, had some additional congestion but that was about it. Took me 7 days to get my test back and I had had it for about a week befprre I got tested so byu the time I found out I was positive, I was over with it. YMMV

kbaxter60

Lesser Being
Jan 23, 2019
Pipe Creek
It really depends. I jave every comobidity known and was sure that if I got it, it was going to kill me. I lost smell and ran a low grade fever for about two weeks, had some additional congestion but that was about it. Took me 7 days to get my test back and I had had it for about a week befprre I got tested so byu the time I found out I was positive, I was over with it. YMMV
Yes, it is a strange bird. Losing my smell was the last symptom and it still is not fully back, even though I tested negative way back on December 1.

joking

Jul 22, 2015
Houston
My wife got it 3 weeks ago but the kids and I were not. Her main symptoms were exhaustion, headache and lost of smell. After 2 days, her sense of smell slowly return but the exhaustion last for a week. No fever or other symptoms.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Jan 3, 2010
Occupied Texas
Diagnosed with it in November. 3-4 days of really sick, followed by about 10 days of just feeling crappy. Doctor issued steroids for inflammation, antibiotics to prevent secondary infection (pneumonia), and an inhaler for lung spasms. Also had us monitor oxygen levels with one of those little pulse-ox meters. If your oxygen goes below 90%, go to the hospital for the next level of treatment. Mine never went that low, so just rode it out.

Doc told us that this method is working out really, really well. People who wind up dying are mostly those who have an existing problem (COPD, cancer, bad asthma), or wait too long to get treatment (esp. old people who are on their own), or those who develop pneumonia. I just lost a cousin to COVID, but he had MRSA that had gone into his lungs before catching COVID. A bad disease plus COVID can definitely do you in.

By the way, there was an outbreak at work when I caught it. They've been following a strict protocol since this crap started - masks, social distancing, cleaning and sterilizing every contact surface, temperature measurement before you enter, and social tracing to isolate anyone potentially exposed. All that effort did NOT stop the virus. I think 9 of us came down with it the same day, and there was little or no contact between us prior to getting sick.

Work would not let me return until I had 2 negative tests in a row. Problem: I still tested positive after a month and a half. So did several others, so they eventually relented. My doc says that some people test positive for months.

andre3k

TGT Supporter
Aug 8, 2008
Houston
Took 4 tests through the summer, all came back negative, although I was in close contact with several people that had it. Lost 100% of my smell and taste in September and neither has come back yet. Wife tested positive two weeks ago and only exhibited flu like symptoms for a couple of days.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Southpaw

Forum BSer
TGT Supporter
Mar 30, 2009
Guadalupe Co.
"Now where did I put it?"
"Damn! Swear it was right there a minute ago."
"I bet if Cam was here, he would know where it was."

"Oh! Wait! There it is! It was right in front of me the whole time." :facepalm:

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical