• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chris98765

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2013
    IT's not as simple as just removing the firearm. The weight of the rest of the belt (especially the radio that cost more than the gun) makes the entire process very awkard. Personally, I just disconnect the earbud/mic, keepers, and hang the entire duty belt on the hook, doorknob, whatever.

I think my duty belt weighs 15 or so pounds, enough for gravity to cause problems when trying to pull up, button and zip up your pants, tuck in your undershirt and uniform shirt.

rmantoo

Cranky old fart: Pull my finger
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    My dad was a Houston cop for well over 25 years. For the majority of that time he carried a Barretta "bobcat?" I think it's called... a little bitty .25acp semi where the barrel tilts up like a break action shotgun?

ANyway he carried it as a backup, in his front right pocket, and at least 5 times between 1965 and 1990 or so, he lost it. Lost them. Lost one after the other. Whatever. He lost several.

Once it was left on top of a bathroom counter. He thinks, maybe. One was left in a rental car in Monterrey, Mexico (yep, VERY different times back then). One other time, it ended up at the bottom of Galveston bay. The other 2 or 3, who knows? Right before we closed his coffin, I put the last one he had in his right suit coat pocket, loaded with 1 in the chamber, along with his Good Sams RV Club card and a new Amex.

However, he never lost his service revolver, or his plainclothes pieces... much harder to lose a 1911, Browning HiPower, or a S&W 38...

If this...person...lost a full sized piece, man, I dunno. I could see me doing that. Maybe. But so far, in carrying for about 20 years concealed, I've yet to lose or misplace one. This is also one of the reasons I prefer pocket carry, too. It never comes out of my pocket unless I'm drawing to use it or going to shower.

Fried Eagle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    Cut 'n Shoot, Texas
    Somehow I’ve never managed to leave my ccw in the restroom.
    But hey I’m a stupid redneck pinhead ignorant knuckle dragging gun owner.

I once had an Air Marshall leave his gun in the first class bathroom of a B-777. One of my flight attendants found it and gave it to me (Captain). I asked the flight attendant to ask the Air Marshall to stop by the cockpit on de-boarding. I chewed on his ass (Marine Corps style) for about 5 minutes and then gave him his gun back. He was so thankful that I did not turn him in. He will never forget his carry every again.

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    Looks like he/she/it got a mild verbal warning and in typical Kalifornistan fashion the person that made the honest effort to return the pistol to the San Luis Obispo Police is in the process of being charged with several crimes by the County District Attorney's Office. He should have thrown the damn pistol into a nearby lake. They don't deserve to get it back.

https://www.newtimesslo.com/sanluis...restaurant/Content?oid=8634440&media=AMP+HTML

Last edited:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Obviously she doesn't understand that all those stars she wears all over her uniform come with a high degree of responsibility.

I hope Skeeter Mangan sues the shit out of her for her negligence!

Sublime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    Why do so many Police Chiefs adorn their uniform with 4 stars?

When I see that I immediately think of some banana republic general or Gaddafi or V D Amin.....

I went to work at a place for a year before I couldn't take it any more and with all my years, I would have had a boatload of stars on my uniform. "hey look at me..." Yesterday I had a buddy call and ask if I wanted to reserve with a real small po dunk agency because they can't find qualified people. THAT is where we are right now and it should chill to the bone every one of us.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Sub,

Clue me in: Wouldn't real small po dunk agencies have a hard time finding qualified people because they can't pay them very well - the qualified folks head to greener pastures - or am I wrong?

Thanks!

Sublime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    Sub,

Clue me in: Wouldn't real small po dunk agencies have a hard time finding qualified people because they can't pay them very well - the qualified folks head to greener pastures - or am I wrong?

Thanks!
    Well that definitely is a consideration but I think what you will find if talking with recruiters of most agencies is that finding qualified applicants is also a huge issue.
    You get substandard applicants lowering standards. Is this chief one of them? I dunno and I am not even saying she needs to be fired because of it. Her apology smacks of the PC BS I saw when I was leaving. It is just getting to be too much for the average officer. Even if the agency pays well, is it worth it to face criminal charges because you did your job or risk being fired because you said the truth but no one wants to hear it?

Look at the FtW chief controversary now.....

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Sub,

I hear ya.

Most normal people value Law Enforcement, care for Law Enforcement and want them to do succeed.

I know I do and I think most here do.

Dancing Heretik

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 8, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Thanks. Those garters won’t hold my preferred firearm. Glock 26 is to big for those. They only hold baby guns, of which I have none.

The bike shorts, those still have to come up and down. And a firearm is going to come out of those when they are lowered, looks like. I prefer the stability of a gun belt if I can get it.

I appreciate the rec though.
    How about this: Brave Responce CC Holster

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Thanks for the recommendation!
    When I get home on WiFi and am not at work, I’ll check it out!
    I checked it out. I do not think it would offer the support of a gun belt for drawing purposes, the belt part that goes around looks really flimsy. I also do not think the trigger is protected enough. I’m not crazy about a snap retention. I just don’t think that I would be happy with my draw from such a thing. I have to be happy with my draw.

I’m spoiled with my OWB kydex holster with great retention where my firearm simply snaps in.

I DID like that the hilt Of the firearm was presented well, for a good firing grip.

It might be a good idea for someone who carries inside the waistband, and a belt would kind of secure the holster that way. I prefer to carry OWB.

Thanks for the idea.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    IT's not as simple as just removing the firearm. The weight of the rest of the belt (especially the radio that cost more than the gun) makes the entire process very awkard. Personally, I just disconnect the earbud/mic, keepers, and hang the entire duty belt on the hook, doorknob, whatever.

I think my duty belt weighs 15 or so pounds, enough for gravity to cause problems when trying to pull up, button and zip up your pants, tuck in your undershirt and uniform shirt.

I can’t imagine going through all that for a few seconds of peeing several times a day. What DOES a lady cop do in such instances, I wonder.

Top Bottom