• ...and so much more!
  • Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Ingredients
    Grizzly Joe's seasoning- order online only. Whole chicken, any smoked sausage, rice.

Boil chicken and sausage together in a big pot of water with the Grizzly Joe's almost the whole bottle. Once chicken Is cooked take out chicken and sausage and put in a bowl to cool. Do not dump the water you will use it to cook it all together. Cut up the sausage and shredd the chicken

The water that was used for the chicken take out 12 cups of water. And bring back to a boil. Put back in the chicken and sausage and 6 cups white rice. Stire and Cover and cook until rice is done.

It's good with any kind of hot sauce on top. Tapatio is our favorite
    20221002_124150.jpg
    DK Firearms

Last edited:

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    Back in South Carolina chicken bog is serious stuff. It's like BBQ or chili in Texas. They have Bog Off competitions where people are crowned Bog Champion. This one was just a few miles from where we lived. It draws a YUGE crowd every year.

https://lorischamber.com/loris-bog-off-festival-1

Everyone has their own way to make it. My wife makes it on occasion for us, not to compete. She has her own way to make it and everyone else is wrong. To start with, she has to have a young whole hen. If not, she won't even start. She has to have a certain kind of sausage and a certain kind of rice and her special pot.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Trying to not be judgmental, I guess we can be open to ideas from the East Coast. I suspect that because of the Louisiana influence in this area that a similar sort of dish would be like a chicken and sausage gumbo, served on a bed of rice.

I watched some sort of program (while trapped in a waiting room) that was about food served at some horse race - I think the Kentucky Derby. It was called burgoo (not sure of the spelling). Everyone eating it was raving about it, but I have to say it looked pretty awful. Seemed like they just dumped any old road kill into the pot and cooked it all day. People eat some funny things on the other side of the Red. In Tennessee they don't BBQ beef, and when they serve BBQ pork, they put a huge scoop of cole slaw on it. That's just wrong.

Top Bottom