DK Firearms

Chiappa guys out there, tell me... Are they worth the money?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • texas_titans

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Austin
    Honestly guys. I've seen these everywhere.

I like the way that they look. But do they shoot well? Are they finicky? Jamomatics?

I've been wanting to get a 22lr in pistol for a while.

Looking for an honest answer. I've seen some come down in price.

Do any of you live in Austin? If so, I'd like to see it.

Thanks for looking.

Rock on
    Military Camp

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    You do know it's .357 revolver, right?

There are some threads here, fortunately, searching for 'Chiappa' is not the same as searching for '1911'.

texas_titans

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Austin
    Thanks for the "clear up"

Yeah, I'm asking about the Chiappa 1911-22. The basic model is going down to around $200.

Anyway, anyone out there shoot one yet?

shipwreck

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Beretta City,Texas
    Yes, they make 22s. I have seen a lot of good stuff about their guns, but also a lot of bad stuff.

I actually am interested in the Rhino, I just wish it was made by a more known and larger company. I wanna give it some more time to see how things sake out, and also see if the reputation of the company goes up a bit more.

But if you are interested in their 22s - I'd give one a shot...

drummingchevy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    Houston
    I've got one of their 1911-22's and I'm not impressed. You certainly get what you pay for.

The trigger is heavy and gritty, the mags are cheap and tend to cause malfunctions pretty regularly, and the fit and finish of everything is crap at best. Also, my sight screw is coming loose and won't stay tight so after a few mags I end up shooting way off target. It takes a couple hundred rounds to break it in until it will cycle reliably. The barrel is fixed and the firing mechanisms are different from a real 1911 so if you're looking for a real 1911 that shoots .22LR, this isn't it.

On the other hand, it cycles the cheap bulk ammo just fine. It's also extremely accurate. Just point in the general direction of your target and the gun will take care of the rest and shoot bullseyes for you. There really is no challenge to being accurate with it.

My overall experience, summed up: I never shot mine that much because it wasn't that fun, and I'm planning to sell it soon. (But don't offer to buy it from me since I'm out of state.)

Here's my off-site review after owning it for a brief period of time: ArizonaShooting.com • View topic - Chiappa 1911-22 (With Huge Pics)

mortdooley

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Save your money, I bought one because I wanted a 1911 in 22lr and got a lot of practice dealing with failures. It is a pewter toy that fires real ammo and for less then $100 more I could have had a Ruger 22/45.

Top Bottom