• ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    If you believe you shouldn't be able to force a baker to make a cake for a wedding, or others shouldn't be able to force their opposing viewpoints or ways of life upon you, then you are a hypocrite for trying to force your ways upon Glenn.

That's the thing - he's certainly free to do as he chooses, my only point was to try to educate him on the error of his presumptions. And just as he referenced one of the "prepaid legal attorney's" recommendations to use a BOS, there's several attorney's just as well versed in gun law that I personally know that will tell you a BOS is useless. My objections to his continued comments were their antagonistic slant.

P.S. I bet that will ruffle some feathers.

Not mine - he's free to do as he wishes, just as I am free to decline to do business with him. And for the record, I'm partners in an 02/07 - so I'd venture to say I have some small knowledge of gun laws.
    Gun Zone Deals

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    The Libertarian in me is howling out, and I can no longer contain myself.
    I agree with the overwhelming sentiment that bills of sale are stupid. Any record is an infringement. I shouldn't need permission from the state to carry either.
    All that being said, Glenn is 100% spot on in his belief. We have tried to educate him and HIS business is HIS business to proceed with how he chooses.
    If you believe you shouldn't be able to force a baker to make a cake for a wedding, or others shouldn't be able to force their opposing viewpoints or ways of life upon you, then you are a hypocrite for trying to force your ways upon Glenn.

Trying to help someone out by explaining facts that they are getting wrong isn't forcing anything.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    All that being said, Glenn is 100% spot on in his belief. We have tried to educate him and HIS business is HIS business to proceed with how he chooses.

No he is not “spot on”. Neither he or any other BOS person has been able to explain the benefits of a BOS. He has his way of doing things and he is entitled to that.

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    ^^This.

He posted what he thought and other's posted what they thought. Not sure how that amounts to forcing anything on anyone. He's free to ignore any or all of it and carry on.

@smittyb - Would you prefer a community where no one should say anything in opposition to anything?
    It is not that you have an opposing viewpoint, it is as much as any of you keep trying to push it on me to your viewpoint and are saying I am at fault in some way for carrying out my affairs the way I choose to carry them out.

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    ^^This.

He posted what he thought and other's posted what they thought. Not sure how that amounts to forcing anything on anyone. He's free to ignore any or all of it and carry on.

@smittyb - Would you prefer a community where no one should say anything in opposition to anything?

We have tried to educate him and HIS business is HIS business to proceed with how he chooses.
    Damn, some of you folks are obtuse.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    cf5.gif

Attachments

• cf5.gif
      cf5.gif
      462.2 KB · Views: 327

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    So I'm still a little confused on the Liberal/hypocrite thing... is it the guy ignoring facts and demeaning people for stating them or is it the guy demeaning people for doing it wrong?
    Some of these threads end up looking like a snake eating its own tail.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    So I'm still a little confused on the Liberal/hypocrite thing... is it the guy ignoring facts and demeaning people for stating them or is it the guy demeaning people for doing it wrong?
    Some of these threads end up looking like a snake eating its own tail.

Typically after being informed, the BOS folks fall into 2 camps, they realize they can better protect themselves and change their ways, or they double down and dig in their heels and insist nobody should tell them how to do things. There is no 3rd camp where they come back with logical reasoning for their ways.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    TSRA just dropped this off in the old inbox. FYI, it doesn’t appear to be restricted to FFLs as implied in press release.

FOR IMMEDIATE DISTRIBUTION PRESS RELEASE
    Nov. 12, 2019 Media and Communications Office (512) 424-2080

DPS Launches Initiative for Federal Firearms Licensees to Verify Validity of LTC Permits

AUSTIN – The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) has launched a new public webpage and automated telephone line allowing Federal Firearms Licensees (FFL) to verify whether an individual’s Texas License to Carry (LTC) permit is valid when he/she attempts to use an LTC as an alternative permit to purchase a firearm. This new tool for FFLs is voluntary but highly encouraged.

A valid Texas LTC may be used as an alternative permit under 18 U.S.C. § 922(t) to authorize a firearm transfer without the otherwise required national instant criminal background (NICS) check. However, in some instances, an LTC may have been revoked, but the actual card may not have been surrendered by the license holder. In such instances, the LTC should not be used as an alternative permit. While the department is not aware of an invalid LTC used in such a manner, providing FFLs with a convenient avenue to verify an LTC is an important safeguard to prevent such action.

This tool is available 24/7 online at http://www.dps.texas.gov/rsd/ltc/LTCChecker/ or by calling (512) 424-5700.

For more information, click here to view the letter sent to FFLs about this new tool.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    If it has been revoked they should send an officer to get it immediately, and not rely on something like this to catch it. If it is bad enough to revoke your LTC then it is bad enough to send an officer to retrieve it.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    TSRA just dropped this off in the old inbox. FYI, it doesn’t appear to be restricted to FFLs as implied in press release.

FOR IMMEDIATE DISTRIBUTION PRESS RELEASE
    Nov. 12, 2019 Media and Communications Office (512) 424-2080

DPS Launches Initiative for Federal Firearms Licensees to Verify Validity of LTC Permits

AUSTIN – The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) has launched a new public webpage and automated telephone line allowing Federal Firearms Licensees (FFL) to verify whether an individual’s Texas License to Carry (LTC) permit is valid when he/she attempts to use an LTC as an alternative permit to purchase a firearm. This new tool for FFLs is voluntary but highly encouraged.

A valid Texas LTC may be used as an alternative permit under 18 U.S.C. § 922(t) to authorize a firearm transfer without the otherwise required national instant criminal background (NICS) check. However, in some instances, an LTC may have been revoked, but the actual card may not have been surrendered by the license holder. In such instances, the LTC should not be used as an alternative permit. While the department is not aware of an invalid LTC used in such a manner, providing FFLs with a convenient avenue to verify an LTC is an important safeguard to prevent such action.

This tool is available 24/7 online at http://www.dps.texas.gov/rsd/ltc/LTCChecker/ or by calling (512) 424-5700.

For more information, click here to view the letter sent to FFLs about this new tool.

this is the link the op posted

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    "voluntary but highly encouraged"
    For now...
    Soon the BOS guys will start adding it as a condition of sale. Some FFLs will go along and before you know it they start to require it. Enter "universal background checks" through the back door, death by 1000 cuts.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom