Join TexasGunTalk

Check status of buyer's LTC?

Discussion in 'Texas LTC / CHL' started by Coop's Dad, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Bithabus

Bithabus ! TGT Supporter

Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    go-eat-a-bag-of-dicks-8733585.png

jordanmills likes this.
  2. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    No they don't, because it doesn't prove that the person was legally able to buy/sell a gun in Texas.

jordanmills, V-Tach, Southpaw and 2 others like this.
  3. TexasRedneck

TexasRedneck 1911 Nut Lifetime Member

Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Actually, I HAVE seen that from a couple of 'em. They never replied to my query as to how they would have any sort of legal standing.

jordanmills likes this.
  4. Bithabus

Bithabus ! TGT Supporter

Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    I bet they are the same ones who go to LTC classes and lie to the students

jordanmills likes this.
  5. Hoji

Hoji Bowling-Pin Commando

May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I actually know someone who has used TLS/USLS. They do what they advertise.
    And yes, it was a defensive shooting that left the home invader at room temperature.

6. Bithabus

Bithabus ! TGT Supporter

Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Did he use a Bill of Sale?

jordanmills, Southpaw and Charlie like this.
  7. gshayd

gshayd Ugliest house on the block.

Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    I say find somebody else to buy the LCP from. His gun his rules. I would even be willing to do the Trf but if there are any transfer charges it comes out of the seller's sale price.

8. Glenn B

Glenn B Active Member TGT Supporter

Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana Area
    This is an amusing thread. It is amazing how many folks here have gotten their panties in a wad up their wazoos over going through an FFL or doing a bill of sale or whatever. So what if the seller wanted to go through an FFL and the buyer did not want to do so? Sale over at the buyer's discretion by not wanting to go through an FFL or sale continues at his discretion by going through an FFL. Big deal - really! Same goes for a bill of sale - if you don't want to do a bill of sale but the buyer or seller does depending on which you are - so what? If you don't want it - then don't sell it or don't buy it. Seller's gun to sell as he pleases, buyer's money to spend as he pleases. Really - what in Hades is the big deal? Move on, get a life, buy or sell a gun to someone else as you please.

SA_Steve, jar and Longhorn1986 like this.
  9. Coiled

Coiled I'm full of sunshine & happiness

Nov 25, 2016
    Huntsville-ish
    Oh my, GB done up 'n left the plantation!

10. rotor

rotor New Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Wichita Falls
    Which part bothers you?
    I don't know what the big stink is here. I really don't care what you all think about BOS, I buy on my own basis and if I don't like the deal I don't buy. My business only and no reason to be called a dick. The BOS I use comes from Texasguntrader and has the buyer, me, certify the usual "I am qualified" stuff and has my and sellers DL or LTC info. If there is ever a question about selling or buying to a person legally allowed to buy/sell I can show due diligence. That's it. One can be prosecuted for selling to someone not legally able to own a gun. I personally don't sell guns, I buy but I would not buy from someone that didn't want to know that I am a legal buyer. So if that makes me a dick so be it. Obviously I will not be buying from some of the commenters on this post. Unfortunately for you as I spend big.

Glenn B and jar like this.