• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I gathered(sorta) that the Sunbeam batteries were the best with electronics that go through lots of batteries. Like a remote air temperature thermometer. Walkie Talkies.

The expensive batteries in something that doesn't blow through batteries. Like a TV remote or a stored radio.
    Remotes use so little power that most batteries shelf life will expire before they drain. Use the crappiest batteries you have in the remotes...

You want to use the expensive batteries in things that require a stable voltage (like electronics), regardless of how fast they go through them. Things that aren't sensitive to voltage swings (like a motor spinning a little fan) are perfect for the batteries that have the best capacity per dollar, like generic alkalines.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Remotes use so little power that most batteries shelf life will expire before they drain. Use the crappiest batteries you have in the remotes...

You want to use the expensive batteries in things that require a stable voltage (like electronics), regardless of how fast they go through them. Things that aren't sensitive to voltage swings (like a motor spinning a little fan) are perfect for the batteries that have the best capacity per dollar, like generic alkalines.

My remote has a little screen on it to scroll through all the different options.

I don’t know about your little scrub clickers, but mine will kill some cheap batteries inside a week.

Low draw remotes are for soy boys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    My remote has a built in rechargeable battery.
    Screen just like YGs.
    It's probably 10 years old .
    Lasts several months, then just plug it in when I go to bed .

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    My remote has a little screen on it to scroll through all the different options.

I don’t know about your little scrub clickers, but mine will kill some cheap batteries inside a week.

Mine too, and I just put it into its charging cradle every few days.

digger

Curmudgeon
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    West Texas
    I quit using Duracell decades ago after having them leak twice.

I trashed three multi cell Maglites with Duracell over a couple of years.
    A friend that supplies LE and Fire depts turned me to Varta batteries and no problems since.

CrisW

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2018
    Seattle
    Can't watch the video at the moment, but an easy way to compare generic alkaline batteries vs the name brand ones in the store is to check the weight. If they feel about the same weight as the name brand ones then they are probably just as good.

Carbon zinc batteries have very low energy density. I get them for "free" sometimes at Horrible Freight, but I'd never willingly spend money on them.
    I'd do that the next time I buy some batteries. I always go for branded ones but would not mind trying cheaper batteries knowing there are ways to make sure they do well like the not so expensive.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale

Oh, my bad. I don't put a high priority on sitting around and watching TV. Having basic bitch remotes leaves more money for ammo and gasoline.

gaudard

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2014
    San Antonio
    Thanks for sharing the video!

The cost per hour a good way to justify what batteries to use when getting batteries for the kids battery eating toys!

Top Bottom