• ...and so much more!
  • zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I do. I will be blunt.

I do not like them. The magazines and the back half of the gun is ok. But the spring assist gets in the way. You cannot treat it like a pump action, the initial spring resistance fights you all the way back. When back, you can let go of the pump and it will spring forward. If you ride it forward you can have the gun fail to go into battery.

Other than that, it's a shotgun, it'll do shotgun things.

Its something you'd have to spend a lot of time with to get used to it.

Sds seems like an ok company to deal with, compared to the other 5 million Turk shotgun importers out there

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    I just found out my son is giving me a SDS Imports MFPA 12 gauge shotgun for Christmas. I never heard of this shotgun so did a little research on the web. Found it's a inexpensive (cheap?) mag fed, pump action, 12 gauge, 18" barrel, Turkish made shotgun. On the web it's selling for less than $200. A couple of Youtube video reviews are good.

It's a Christmas gift and I'm not supposed to know about it. I just sold my Mossberg 590 and was looking for a Mossy 88 in 20 gauge, but none are in stock. I'm guessing my wife told my son I was looking for a shotgun and he thought be a good Christmas gift. I'd never turn down a free shotgun, but I'd rather had the Mossy 20 gauge. But I digress.

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with this SDS MFPA shotgun? Is this any good? Is it a copy of Winchester, Mossberg, Remington, etc...

As a general rule, I would say anything Turkish is good to go. There may be exceptions, as with everything in life. Take that for what it's worth.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    I have 4 Turkish made guns. Two O/U and two autos. All work fine so far. However I have not put too many rounds thru them to most being the 28 O/U. I has about 150 rounds and no failures. I prefer to call them inexpensive.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I think I found it - sold out.
    That was a good deal. It was still in stock for a couple days. No one else sold the gun that cheap before the rebate.

No I didnt get one. Probably should have but I dont like rebates. Still 135.00 was pretty cheap.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Bought one of those cheap inexpensive SDS shotguns. It's a bullpup semiauto in12ga.

An absolute blast to shoot but it'd take some getting used to, controls like mag release button are in awkward spots for me.

I put a middle of the road holo sight on it, a couple 10 rnd mags and let the fun begin!

Initially it wanted higher velocity ammo to cycle correctly but smoothed out a little after 20-30 rounds and ate the slower shells.

I took it down after, underwhelmed with fit and finish but acceptable under $300. Breaks down fairly simply.

Will post a couple pics shortly.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    20211205_075807.jpg
    20211112_085200.jpg

Top Bottom