• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    what a great guy he was. I remember listening to his songs on 8 track when I first heard of him.
    Lets remember his music by posting videos of him. They can be solo or with other artist.
    I met him one time in an airport in Phoenix. He was alone and looked tired and beat.
    Nobody else seemed to know who he was. I walked up and said "You're Charlie Pride" and he just smiled said "I think so buddy" I didn't even bother him for an autograph, he just looked like he wanted to get home.

Lynx Defense

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Yup, I grew up listening to his songs. Dating myself here, but some of my fondest memories as a youngster was riding around with Dad in his pickup listening to Charlie Pride, , Charlie Rich, Charlie Daniels, Hank Jr, Conway Twitty, Glen Campbell and the like

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Yup, I grew up listening to his songs. Dating myself here, but some of my fondest memories as a youngster was riding around with Dad in his pickup listening to Charlie Pride, , Charlie Rich, Charlie Daniels, Hank Jr, Conway Twitty, Glen Campbell and the like
    sounds like good times to me man

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    My father worked for a few years at a country music venue. It's interesting to hear what the "stars" are like when they're not on stage. Some are terrific people (Brad Paisley, Louise Mandrell, Mel Tillis) while others were real jerks (Tammy Wynette, George Jones - mostly just drunk along with his entire crew). Charlie Pride was one of those guys who was the same off-stage as on-stage. He was easily the very best with respect to his fans. He would tell them that he would spend a certain amount of time signing autographs and such (like 30 minutes) and he asked them to understand that when it was time to go, he had to leave so he could get to the next show. He truly valued his fans.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Charley had more country music in his little finger than all of these new artist combined.

Top Bottom