• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Concepts of disparity in force and disparity in numbers are ones everyone should know and most dont. Hell most cops are fuzzy on them at best.

The bad guy doesn't have to know that you're disabled for you to be justified in stepping up that continuum of force and suprising the hell out of him.

Sadly most folks win these cases with expert testimony at trial, especially disparity in numbers when once the victim is down and the kicking begins he goes to a gun. You now have multiple stories to be sorted out and it's a mess. You hope folks were videoing the incident.

Blows to the head, especially undefended blows or to a person down is absolutely deadly force. Hundreds of people have served time for killing someone in a fight just by hitting them.

Avoid this crap if you can. Avoiding trouble i.e. walking away when every part of you wants to kick the shit out of someone is the hardest thing most people ever have to do but its required especially if you carry. Sadly the decision is taken from you many times by some tard or group who presses an attack when they are such cowards they think you are showing weakness by backing down and not kindness by giving them an out so someone doesn't end up hurt or dead.
    That was pretty much the defense claim of George Zimmerman when Trayvon Martin attacked him. Youth and size, with Zimmerman on the ground getting his head bashed into the curb by Martin.

Multiple attackers, looks good in the movies, with the good guy beating the crap out of everyone. In real life, it never happens that way.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    No. It is not. It is a compliance weapon. If you are attacked by a group, deadly force is what you seek, not compliance. ( expandable baton instructor here)
    He's right.
    I have taken instruction in the use of batons, and a staff. Despite the movies, it's not as easy to use as you might think. Especially against a group or determined attacker.
    There are not that many places that you can reliable hit that will put someone down and they take luck and practice to hit.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    He's right.
    I have taken instruction in the use of batons, and a staff. Despite the movies, it's not as easy to use as you might think. Especially against a group or determined attacker.
    There are not that many places that you can reliable hit that will put someone down and they take luck and practice to hit.

Watch an MMA fight. Their blows to the legs and extremities are impact points for batons and they kick harder than most of the unpracticed can swing a baton. Folks just dont go down unless they want to or are seriously hurt. All the more reason to avoid if you can.

Besides swinging impact weapons is a slow draw and slower repeat strike.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    He's right.

Watch an MMA fight. Their blows to the legs and extremities are impact points for batons and they kick harder than most of the unpracticed can swing a baton. Folks just dont go down unless they want to or are seriously hurt. All the more reason to avoid if you can.

Besides swinging impact weapons is a slow draw and slower repeat strike.
    Also factor in the adrenaline of multiple attackers. They are feeding off the energy of each other and that is building adrenaline. Adrenaline can mask pain, unless it's it's excruciating pain, or mortal.

That was why I was taught to go after knees and throats. Both are soft, or easy targets to put a man on the ground quickly. It doesn't take a huge amount of force in order for blows to either to be effective.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    That was why I was taught to go after knees and throats.

My cop buddy is a big fan of throat punches. They really really hurt!!

I carry a range of weapons, options are always good to have. Back of the knee is a good target for my knife, pretty hard for a single attacker to continue the fight. Pepper spray is good for the avg asshole to back off. But I'm too old to go hand to hand esp with a crowd, they aren't going to leave me much option.

Bought an ASP for the wife to carry on her walks... found out it was too heavy and hard to swing and hit accurately, so it lives in my car door pocket too. Right with the other window breaking tool.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    My cop buddy is a big fan of throat punches. They really really hurt!!

I carry a range of weapons, options are always good to have. Back of the knee is a good target for my knife, pretty hard for a single attacker to continue the fight. Pepper spray is good for the avg asshole to back off. But I'm too old to go hand to hand esp with a crowd, they aren't going to leave me much option.

Bought an ASP for the wife to carry on her walks... found out it was too heavy and hard to swing and hit accurately, so it lives in my car door pocket too. Right with the other window breaking tool.
    The throat area is very soft target, and doesn't require a huge amount of force to hurt a person badly in that area. Even extended fingers punched into an attacker's throat can do damage, or at least enough to get away.

The knee? A very complex joint in the body, and pretty strong in some aspects, but look at the movement of the knee. It is designed to move pretty much in one direction. A strong kick forcing it backwards, will snap it like a twig. There are also some very sensitive nerves in the sides of the knee. Striking them with a striking tool or weapon, or even a sharp blow from a kick will cause excruciating pain.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    The throat area is very soft target, and doesn't require a huge amount of force to hurt a person badly in that area. Even extended fingers punched into an attacker's throat can do damage, or at least enough to get away.

My buddy liked to get in behind and give a quick wrist thrust that left me choking. It was quite disabling!!

The knee? A very complex joint in the body, and pretty strong in some aspects, but look at the movement of the knee. It is designed to move pretty much in one direction. A strong kick forcing it backwards, will snap it like a twig. There are also some very sensitive nerves in the sides of the knee. Striking them with a striking tool or weapon, or even a sharp blow from a kick will cause excruciating pain.

Good info for somebody that wants to fight. Not me. I'm too old for that shit. When younger, my motto was never to fight fair. In reality, I didn't get in fights after high screwl. But I used to collect payphones and before I carried a firearm, I had a folding knife. Watch the "Meat man" video someday.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    My buddy liked to get in behind and give a quick wrist thrust that left me choking. It was quite disabling!!

Good info for somebody that wants to fight. Not me. I'm too old for that shit. When younger, my motto was never to fight fair. In reality, I didn't get in fights after high screwl. But I used to collect payphones and before I carried a firearm, I had a folding knife. Watch the "Meat man" video someday.
    A good sharp kick to the knee, forcing it in the opposite direction that which it's intended to move, isn't fighting, and doesn't require as much force as some might think to take a decent sized person to the ground.

Trust me, I'm too old to fight anymore. Way past my prime now. Even in my prime, very doubtful I could handle multiple attackers without something to give me a equal chance.

As mentioned, if there are more than one attackers, disparity of force comes into play, and a different set of rules apply. One could even reason using up to deadly force in self defense.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I was always partial to a roll of quarters. Nice and legal too. They add a lot weight to a thrown punch.

Plus, they look like a roll of quarters!
    Brass knuckles are legal as well. They also have the added benefit of protecting your hand from shards of hepatitis and HIV infected tooth from becoming lodged in your hand.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Brass knuckles are legal as well. They also have the added benefit of protecting your hand from shards of hepatitis and HIV infected tooth from becoming lodged in your hand.
    Many years ago there weren't though, hence the reasoning I carried a roll of quarters.

But I do agree that "brass knuckles" are a much better option. A roll of quarters was better than just a clenched fist, and legal at that time.

Plus, back then, I almost always had rolls of quarters for the laundromat!

Riksors

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2019
    Georgetown
    My prescription against the breed of peace on daily walks. Effective for the joints, head, stomach, etc…Batons are now over the counter anywhere in Texas.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    My prescription against the breed of peace on daily walks. Effective for the joints, head, stomach, etc…Batons are now over the counter anywhere in Texas.
    Hope you only encounter one and not a pack if you are talking about aggressive dogs. Again, with aggressive dogs, whether singly or in a pack, a gun is the correct tool.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019

Hope you only encounter one and not a pack if you are talking about aggressive dogs. Again, with aggressive dogs, whether singly or in a pack, a gun is the correct tool.
    As much as I would hate to have to shoot a dog, a gun would be the better choice. An aggressive dog intent on doing harm, will be on you pretty danged fast, that using a baton for defense would not be the ideal tool.

And I know that @Hoji is as much if not more of a dog lover as I am.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    I was always partial to a roll of quarters. Nice and legal too. They add a lot weight to a thrown punch.

Plus, they look like a roll of quarters!
    Well now brass knuckles can take their place. And they are made to make a statement that you shouldn't have tried to attack me.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    As much as I would hate to have to shoot a dog, a gun would be the better choice. An aggressive dog intent on doing harm, will be on you pretty danged fast, that using a baton for defense would not be the ideal tool.

And I know that @Hoji is as much if not more of a dog lover as I am.
    God as my witness, I will do everything in my power to not harm a dog, but if it is a choice between me or my pack and a pack of aggressive ferals, I am not going to fight wild animals with my hands if I can avoid it.

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    If an group of aggressive people or aggressive dogs get within baton or knuckle reach you have let them get too close. It's gunfight time.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Would it be tacky to have some brass knuckles that were highly polished?

Asking for friends!

Not at all even shiny aluminum in ones
    The one I got for Mrs.Hoji for 20th anniversary
    9AC45F46-BFAF-4C20-A220-82AC8CB66422.jpeg
    About a half pound of .999 fine silver.

Top Bottom