• ...and so much more!
  • mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Visited Chandler's for the first time today. Spent just under 4 hours shooting. It was a gorgeous day for it.

I was impressed.

First of all, there is an RSO present at all times. Neither were the nazi type, yelling and belittling shooters ... rather they were helpful and cordial. I feel an RSO is important, now that so many novice shooters visit ranges. I looked up and saw no bullet holes in the tin roof or wooden awning in front of the shooting bench. Maybe its because of an RSOs presence? ...

The range was well manicured, lots of shade and big, spacious shooting benches. Like a lot of places in Central Texas, there has been an amazing amount of rain. Never encountered a mud hole. The place is well maintained.

The other shooters were patient when the range went cold for shooters to check, get or post targets. Might of happened once every half hour or 45 minutes. And the place only had five shooters at any given time. I hear it get crowded on the weekends

The cost was very reasonable at $15 and you can stay as long as you like. Was even told I could leave to go grab a bite to eat for lunch and return ... just let the office know. Military, first responders, teachers, LEO get a discount.

My only suggestion is to bring a pad to lay down on the bench. The wood has obviously dried and left gaps in the seams of wood big enough for 556 to fall through.
    DK Firearms

Steven Walker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Waco, TX
    Family and I go there quite often. Always find it as nice as you have stated. RSO’s are great and very helpful. Become a member and you shoot for free. Also get discount on FFL Transfer. Alice is a great lady and her team is always safety 1st.

Top Bottom