Cellular trail cameras

Axxe55

Just a man, and his dogs.
Dec 15, 2019
somewhere.....East Texas.
I have to run a cell booster in my house. So, I know I'll loose my chit over a cell cam out in the bush.
Ours is hit or miss. Some days, we get great reception, and some days, if I move my phone a few inches it drops the cell signal.

rotor

Well-Known
Nov 1, 2015
Wichita Falls
Yes you need to make sure you have cell phone reception but you should be able to get ATT or Verizon in most places. My cameras have LiOn battery and have always been 100% charged over last 6 mos. With the app you can see what your reception looks like. The bottom one is at my house, 90%. The one in the field frequently says 25% but works great. In 6 months I had to restart the camera once. The quality of the pix on the micro sd is great, the quality on what they send to your phone is usable.
Copy of IMG_2812.PNG

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
Apr 13, 2018
Texas
With how much some of these units are plus the service to use them, I do suggest looking at solar powered outdoor security cameras that come with free software and utilize your internet for remote access. It’s all the same shit these days just one has a Camo shell and looks like a game cam the other doesn’t but still gets triggered as far as 80 feet out.

Sometimes security cams need to be visible to prevent crime.

Kayt00

TGT Supporter
Jan 1, 2021
North DFW
I've been using a Stealthcam and a Moultrie with a Spypoint cell link unit tied to it. Both work pretty well though I have had to reboot the Moultrie/Spypoint combo once or twice because it simply stopped sending pictures.
1623104242228.jpg
spypoint.jpg

Kayt00

TGT Supporter
Jan 1, 2021
North DFW
Are you able to update the firmware in the Spypoint? They just came out with a new firmware for my Spypoint camera.
I'm not sure, I'll check it when I head out there this weekend to deal with the hogs some more.

rotor

Well-Known
Nov 1, 2015
Wichita Falls
I'm not sure, I'll check it when I head out there this weekend to deal with the hogs some more.
Need to check it at SPYPOINT. On my camera you bring the new firmware on a microsd card. Don’t know how they do it on your unit. Supposed to improve cell phone connectivity.

Sam Colt

Well-Known
Feb 22, 2012
Austin
Solar. The GSM modem pulls too much power for AAs.

Kayt00

TGT Supporter
Jan 1, 2021
North DFW
Need to check it at SPYPOINT. On my camera you bring the new firmware on a microsd card. Don’t know how they do it on your unit. Supposed to improve cell phone connectivity.
I'll check it out, on my other camera the update was done through the app on my phone. That was damn handy.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Latest posts

Forum statistics