• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    The news indicates that 3g is going away. 4g and 5g will be the only offerings in a year or so.
    Does this mean the 3g connected cameras become "just cameras"?
    I'm shopping for a new trail camera, or two.
    I'd hate to be out the expense of a cellular and be disconnected in a short time.

What do the TGT geeks say?
    DK Firearms

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    What I've read is they will phase out the 3G by 2022 to make more frequency bands available. Some are in the process of sunsetting their 3G network.

sdismukes

Bending nails and making sawdust
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2014
    Erath County
    The news indicates that 3g is going away. 4g and 5g will be the only offerings in a year or so.
    Does this mean the 3g connected cameras become "just cameras"?
    I'm shopping for a new trail camera, or two.
    I'd hate to be out the expense of a cellular and be disconnected in a short time.

What do the TGT geeks say?

Verizon has already discontinued 3G. So my pretty good Spartan camera is “just a camera” now. For the money it damn well better be good.

For about half the price I got a Spypoint in 4G. About 10% of the time it detects nothing when there is something. It is slow to switch to night mode resulting in a black photo about 5% of nights. It takes about 30 seconds to get a notification - and it’s just.a banner and not an email and text the previous camera had which also had the picture. With this you have to launch the app to see the picture. Lastly it doesn’t accept commands like to take a picture now which the Spartan I had before did.

Since I use it more as a remote security camera, 30 seconds is a long time. Missing 10% of movements is way too many.

Pays yo money and takes yo chances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Verizon has already discontinued 3G. So my pretty good Spartan camera is “just a camera” now. For the money it damn well better be good.

For about half the price I got a Spypoint in 4G. About 10% of the time it detects nothing when there is something. It is slow to switch to night mode resulting in a black photo about 5% of nights. It takes about 30 seconds to get a notification - and it’s just.a banner and not an email and text the previous camera had which also had the picture. With this you have to launch the app to see the picture. Lastly it doesn’t accept commands like to take a picture now which the Spartan I had before did.

Since I use it more as a remote security camera, 30 seconds is a long time. Missing 10% of movements is way too many.

Pays yo money and takes yo chances.

I don’t think it’s totally gone. My phone still connects to 3G at the house pretty often.

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    Verizon 3G service ends Dec 31. AT&T ends Dec 31, 2021. At least that’s the current plan. They are reallocating the frequencies.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    For added fun, a lot of things that are advertised as "4G" (which is really LTE) are actually "3G+" (UMTS/HSDPA), and they will stop working as 3G is disabled across carriers.

Top Bottom