CDL job with decent pay and home time?

Coop's Dad

Oct 31, 2018
Lorena
ImI currently working for Werner on their Dollar General account. The pay is good but I'm gone too many nights, plus they've run out my week too far from home a few times and I've had to reset on the road and get right back to work.

I live in the Waco area and am looking for a local gig that pays well. I have tanker, tandem/triples and hazmat endorsements. I had a CDL in another state up until 2003, let it lapse and got a CDL here in Texas in August of 2018.

I'd really appreciate any leads.

Thanks!

FireInTheWire

WFO
TGT Supporter
Jan 22, 2018
Big Country
ImI currently working for Werner on their Dollar General account. The pay is good but I'm gone too many nights, plus they've run out my week too far from home a few times and I've had to reset on the road and get right back to work.

I live in the Waco area and am looking for a local gig that pays well. I have tanker, tandem/triples and hazmat endorsements. I had a CDL in another state up until 2003, let it lapse and got a CDL here in Texas in August of 2018.

I'd really appreciate any leads.

Thanks!
I don't have leads... but what about something like Fedex or UPS? Maybe a local freight company like Old Dominion, R+L or Southeastern freight?

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2009
New Braunfels, TX
Oldest son drives for Dupre' delivering fuel - he's been there like 15 years, and still loves it. No overnights, unless they want him to work another depot for a week or two, AND he agrees to it. Then he hotels it while he's there.

jetcycles

Jul 7, 2009
Shoreacres, TX
Enterprise Products crude oil drivers average $90K per year, but I’m not sure if you have producing wells in your area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coop's Dad

Oct 31, 2018
Lorena
Thanks for all the replies, I really appreciate them! They did it to me again- they ran me up to KC and ran out my 70 on the way south. I just had to reset in Joplin, Missouri, and come right back on the clock and start chucking their freight.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member