• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dsparil

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Well I took the plunge and I passed top of my class at a Professional Truck Driving Institute (certificate awarded) and just recently got my tanker endorsement. I've passed my hazmat test and am waiting for my background to clear(which it should. I don't even have as much as a parking ticket). I'm looking for work out in the eaglford oil patch and can relocate on a whim. No kids or wife to slow me down. Can do a TWIC if needs be. Anyone looking for a safety-conscious driver with a head on his shoulders?

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    I hope your background check is alot faster than mine. I passed my hazmat and took my fingerprints at the end of June and still don't have it. Called to check on it last week and they were about halfway done finally. I was told it takes awhile sometimes.

Dsparil

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Eh well the woman told me four weeks for the background check then another three with DPS to process all that crap. I have a rock-solid criminal background. Absolutely 100% NOTHING! So I imagine it'll be quick. Plus I've been through it twice already.

Dsparil

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Something just occured to me. Will a company hire a driver who went through a PTDI if he has one injury on his record(class C record not class A) from almost two years ago?

Dsparil

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2009
    Houston, TX
    UPDATE: that was QUICK!!!!!!!!! took only four weeks for it to get confirmed. Got my X endorsement in the mail today and got an appointment onn wednesday to get my TWIC

Top Bottom